Vista nForce Drivers

Associate
hi

a friend of mine with an MSDN subscription is wanting to try out Vista on a machine of mine. its running the nforce2 chipset, does anyone know if this is compatible or anywhere i can find chipset drivers.

cheers

Soldato
jonnybjonny said:
hi

a friend of mine with an MSDN subscription is wanting to try out Vista on a machine of mine. its running the nforce2 chipset, does anyone know if this is compatible or anywhere i can find chipset drivers.

cheers
After lacking support from nVidia on this one, MS appear to include chipset drivers on Windows Update, so after installing it should all work - including the network card, for a change. Can't comment on the onboard sound, as I use a separate card for that. As it's a fairly standard AC '97 affair, I'd think MS have the drivers for that too.

Associate
OP
Gman said:
don't want to judge but I like the "A friend" wants to know ;)
haha it does sound a little cliche doesnt it
but the truth is, he wants to try it and make us of his access to MSDN but he doesnt have a spare box available to try it on, so im letting him use my second machine. for his sake really not mine.

csmager said:
After lacking support from nVidia on this one, MS appear to include chipset drivers on Windows Update, so after installing it should all work - including the network card, for a change. Can't comment on the onboard sound, as I use a separate card for that. As it's a fairly standard AC '97 affair, I'd think MS have the drivers for that too.

and thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom