Xbox 360 VGA cable

Associate
Hey guys. I've hooked the cable to my monitor, but the monitor has only got one VGA port, meaning i've gotta keep swtiching VGA cables whenever I want to use the PC / Xbox.
The monitor is a dell ultrasharp 1901FP HAS. Is there any thing I can buy (some kind of splitter?) that will allow me to hook up both VGA cables to the back of my monitor at the same time?

Any help would be great. Cheers

Man of Honour
The converter comes with the official VGA cable and none of the other VGA cables are worth thinking about buying, their quality is apalling in comparison.

Associate
OP
I've got the Joytech one, and it seems fine to me.

So do I need to buy a convertor as WolfR1der said, or can I just buy the KVM switch? I'm confused :confused:

Caporegime
The monitor cable goes into the switch.
The Xbox cable goes into the switch.
I think you just need a KVM VGA lead to go from your graphics card to the switch.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can get a DVI-VGA cable for about a tenner which would be inherently cheaper.

STD1_F2E4151b10.jpg

Belkin Pro Series Digital Video Interface Cable (DVI-IM/DB15M;ANA/VGA)-10’

Associate
OP
Ok brilliant. I'll do that then.

Regarding male and female types, I'm useless. Don't I need the DVI out to to be male, and the VGA out to be female?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
One last thing guys. I've been look at DVI pin layouts, and found this:

http://www.cable4pc.com/jpg/all.jpg

Now the DVI port on my monitor is the DVI-D (DVI Digital) Dual Link. But most of the DVI adaptors come in DVI-I form. Is this still compatible? Could someone please inform me on which adaptor I should get, because I'm seriously baffeled at the moment!

Thanks.

Caporegime
v_man said:
Ok brilliant. I'll do that then.

Regarding male and female types, I'm useless. Don't I need the DVI out to to be male, and the VGA out to be female?

Check your equipment is the best idea. From memory, all graphics cards are female and your monitor's connectors will be female, too. So the Belkin cable which is male at both ends should suffice.

Back
Top Bottom