PC Keeps Locking Up

Soldato
Over the last 3 days my PC keeps randomly locking up and won't always reboot properly unless the power is removed from the PC for a minute or so.

At first I thought it was the memory but 4 hours in memtest reveals no errors. It mainly occurs whilst playing a game but it has also happened whilst browsing the net and even once whilst I was in the BIOS.

Any ideas as to what it could be as it's getting on my nerves now.

Spec:

Athlon 64 3700 (s754)
Asrock K8NF4G-SATA2
1Gb (2x 512mb) Geil Value PC3200
Sappire X1800XT
Antec 500W PSU
2x Samsung HDD's

None of it is overclocked.

Soldato
OP
Yep, got latest BIOS etc. I've taken a stick of RAM out and it's lasted a lot longer so far then it did before.
I ran memtest for nearly 5 hours with both sticks in and it showed no errors.

Could it be that the motherboard doesn't like 2 sticks in at once (it only has 2 RAM slots)?

Associate
Charlie Bravo said:
Yep, got latest BIOS etc. I've taken a stick of RAM out and it's lasted a lot longer so far then it did before.
I ran memtest for nearly 5 hours with both sticks in and it showed no errors.

Could it be that the motherboard doesn't like 2 sticks in at once (it only has 2 RAM slots)?

mine did this, it would be fine for a whole day on memtest no errors, but as soon as it got into windows it would error/lockup/freeze/etc at random times

everything was fine and it turned out my mobo didnt like running in dual chan (its a POS) :/

Back
Top Bottom