Cant get enough of the Goo Goo Dolls new stuff!

Soldato
So after straying from my love for acoustic music and been drowning myself in unnessarily heavy beats I have finally gone back to my original love in music. Indie and rock music, more specifically recently I have been listening to the Goo Goo Dolls new tracks (havent got the album just been listening on myspace, will be buying it shortly). I think its really good and the most promising album since Dizzy Up The Girl. The song Better Days on it to me is just amazing I love it! Anyone else heard it and whats their opinions?

Soldato
OP
Acathla said:
Love it, and got tickets to see them at Brixton Academy on June 3rd.
Soooo looking forward to it! :D

I wish to punch you in your ovaries.... I had a ticket but had to get rid of it because I didnt think I was going to be back in England for it! I was gutted even more gutted to hear that Counting Crows were supporting in the US

Associate
Ovaries?? I do listen to the Goo's, but do not believe that makes me a woman!
Do you have any idea who is supporting over here? Can't find anything on it!

Soldato
OP
No idea who is supporting but you can garuntee it wont be as good as the american support :( still a bit gutted about that one to be honest!

The gig will be awesome anyway!

Soldato
OP
I think the songs I have heard off it are growers... like not instantly good but I am sooo hooked to it all.. I am not in the slightest bit disappointed yet!

Associate
i saw them last night in birmingham, OH MY FREAKEN GOD THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

the support band were called The Directors or Directory, they werent half bad, i liked two of their songs! but jesus the Goo`s Rocked! Havent heard them in ages used to love them, and a mate convinced me to go with him, wellllllll worth it!

:D

Associate
I thought the support band sucked, every song sounded exactly the same. The Goo's however, were amazing! John basically didn't even have to sing during Iris, the crowd did it for him :D So glad I have finally seen them! Brixton Academy was smaller than I remember it, and it was packed, but such a good gig. Would have preferred more old stuff, but I guess they are here to promote the new album, so it makes sense to play most of it!

Man of Honour
I'm really liking this album, definitely a return to form. Gutterflower was somewhat disappointing as a whole although it does feature some good tracks.

I think the people who prefer the more acoustic or 'soppy' (for want of a better word) sound will like this album a lot. Compared to say Superstar Carwash which has some fantastic, powerful rock tunes (Stop the World, Cuz You're Gone etc) but wasn't really that successful.

Best song on Let Love In for me is probably "Without you here", another powerful ballad.

Back
Top Bottom