B&Q age thing.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
I went into B&Q today to get some spray paint (clear coat)
Went up to the till, lady scanned the item and the computer asked if i was 21(not the actualy computer).
I mean wtf? 8euro is enough for some ****** paint but i have to be 21 to buy some aswell?? :confused:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
it's because paint is an age restricted product. maybe to do with solvent abuse, or something like that. and most tills get an age restricted product reminder when they scan age restricted products. she probably didnt think, and asked your age. i shouldn't let it affect your life.

take it as a compliment? unless you're 20.

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
jezsoup said:
lo int he justl:)

No point gettin mood little fella she was only doing her job!
Where did i say i got moody at her? I said no im only 18, and she let me away with it.

I started the thread to find out wtf was up with having to be 21 it.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
you have to look 21 to not get ID'd. you dont have to be 21. there's signs up everywhere about it, i'm surprised you've not seen them before.

Soldato
fatiain said:
It's the new "Think 21" campaign for shops to prevent scrotes buying cheap cider/fags/solvents etc.
yeah cos no-one under 21 should be alowed to buy anything even if the law says they are old enough
I was in a bar last week and the blond behind the bar asked the guy being served if he was 21, he said no he's 20, heres his ID, she says that shes not alowed to serve him as you need to be 21 to drink?
I was like WTF? how? did I suddenly move to the USA?

Soldato
VeNT said:
yeah cos no-one under 21 should be alowed to buy anything even if the law says they are old enough
I was in a bar last week and the blond behind the bar asked the guy being served if he was 21, he said no he's 20, heres his ID, she says that shes not alowed to serve him as you need to be 21 to drink?

Can be bar policy?

Mic

Mic

Soldato
OP
Sic said:
you have to look 21 to not get ID'd. you dont have to be 21. there's signs up everywhere about it, i'm surprised you've not seen them before.
There where no signs present. As i spend the guts of 10 minutes waiting in line looking at everything to pass the time.

Soldato
VeNT said:
Sounds like a dopey barmaid that doesn't understand this "look 21" campaign.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
VeNT said:

probably just didnt like the look of him. either that or she was a retard. pick your favourite.

Back
Top Bottom