Burst a tire! now what?

Caporegime
1) I'd learn how to spell TYRE, we aren't in the USA.
2) Just how quick and how long were you scrubbing against the kerb? That takes some time to rip through the tyrewall, unless you REALLY hit it hard.
3) Two tyres of differing brands is no more dangerous that running one worn tyre and one brand new tyre (which is the other way you would get a new tyre on your wheel - You don't put your wheel on a tyre). If you put your spare on the front, then you need a new spare. Either way, you are buying a tyre.

Soldato
Is the wheel ok? I did something similar once and damaged the wheel too. You may have bucked the wheel in which case you'll want to replace that too. :(

Id get a new tyre of the same brand, you still need a spare really :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
paradigm said:
1) I'd learn how to spell TYRE, we aren't in the USA.

Thats got me thinking. Hows it spelt down here :confused:

Tyre looks wrong but seems right
But Tire looks ok but seems wrong :confused:
I must be tired :o

Man of Honour
I'd throw away the stupid Arrowspeed tyres and buy some that are actually decent and wont throw you into a ditch/explode if you touch a curb.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
I'd throw away the stupid Arrowspeed tyres and buy some that are actually decent and wont throw you into a ditch/explode if you touch a curb.

LOL :D

I can just imagine the OP rubbing his tyre against the curb at 5mph and then being catapulted into a ditch!

But, Fox has a point. I'd use this opportunity to get some decent tyres.

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:

quoted for truth.

Tyres are the only things connecting you to the road, is an extra £10 a tyre for decent ones really going to hurt your wallet. Hitting a tree will hurt more, or having a blowout at motorway speeds.

Associate
OP
i was going a max of 15mph as i was passing a car. The alloy itself seems fine to me. I rubbed against the kerb for what i would say 3 seconds? (it's not really the point of my thread though is it? unless you want to point out that my tyres suck, feel free to.)

Either way, you are buying a tyre.

yea i understand this, but am i buying 2 new tires or 1?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Zip said:
You are buying 2 tires :)
You change tires on both side of the axle to keep things safe

i've already thrown my whole bank account on this car, so is that a must?

obviously i don't want to be unsafe and do care about performance so if i must get a new set on the front i will do but if it's not really too much of an issue then it would help to only buy one for the now.

also - what brand of tyres do you guys recommend?

Soldato
Oakesy2001uk said:
quoted for truth.

Tyres are the only things connecting you to the road, is an extra £10 a tyre for decent ones really going to hurt your wallet. Hitting a tree will hurt more, or having a blowout at motorway speeds.

Whilst I fully agree that it's well worth buying a decent tyre when they need renewing If I had budget tyres I'd be quite happy to drive around on them until they need replacing rather than just throwing the full set away just because one needs replacing.

Was

Was

Associate
dpends how much you have to spend,

Michellins are usaully pretty good but expensive.

its not ideal to have two different tyres but not a huge problem unless you push your car.

bikes however are a completly different story.....

Soldato
some people buy buget tyres some dont, I guess it depends how you drive, I just threw away 2 "super steel" tyres which were almost new and paid £100 for some premium contacts, now the fronts match the rears and I have decent tyres all round, they were scary in the rain!

Back
Top Bottom