• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Single GX2, Is this classed as SLI?

Associate
I'm quite interested in a GX2 but I have a few questions.

1) Will a single card be detected as an SLI setup?

2) Will a single card work on a non-SLI motherboard?

3) Will you have to load SLI profiles to use a single card? or will it play games as a single card?.

Cheers. ;)

Soldato
Black Dog said:
I'm quite interested in a GX2 but I have a few questions.

1) Will a single card be detected as an SLI setup?

2) Will a single card work on a non-SLI motherboard?

3) Will you have to load SLI profiles to use a single card? or will it play games as a single card?.

Cheers. ;)
no is the answer to all of those questions (apart from 2!), basically it is two graphics cards - seperate gpu's and seperate ram - on one card, so can be used in a system that has only one gpu slot to basically give it a sli equivalent setup, otherwise could be used in a sli setup which would therefore be quad sli (4 gpu's)

Associate
yes-technically its not a single card.
no-you still need an SLI mobo, in any case its locked down in the drivers.
yes-its SLI so all other rules still apply.

Associate
goody_106 said:
no is the answer to all of those questions (apart from 2!), basically it is two graphics cards - seperate gpu's and seperate ram - on one card, so can be used in a system that has only one gpu slot to basically give it a sli equivalent setup, otherwise could be used in a sli setup which would therefore be quad sli (4 gpu's)

I don't believe this is true.

Firstly, the 7950 at least, doesn't have SLi connectors, so can't be used in an SLi setup.

2.jpg

I also believe that it can't be used in non-SLi boards, from what I've read.

Finally, there's no need for an apostrophe in simple plural abbreviations or acronyms.

Soldato
Can someone who actually knows if you need an SLI mobo for the GX2 cards please post a source because 50% say you dont and 50% say you do need an sli mobo.....

Caporegime
speeduk said:
Yeah so maybe there will be revisions to allow quad sli. Where did I state that there will never be quad sli GX2's?

They do have an SLI connector (as said, its on the other PCB behind the one in the pic), the reason quad-sli isn't supported currently is purely driver issues.

Back
Top Bottom