What is the difference between these two drives please?

Associate
Hi :)

What is the difference between these two Maxtor drives in the Overclockers catalogue:

Maxtor MaxLine III NCQ 300GB 7V300F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD-096-MD) £75.14 Including VAT

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 NCQ 300GB 6V300F0 SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD-089-MD) £72.79 Including VAT

Being new to this, I can't see which one is better (the difference in price is negligable). Could you please explain the reasoning behind your recommendations please, as I know very little about this stuff :(

Also, Am I right in thinking that you should put your operating system on one drive, and have a seperate drive for (in my case) video files that are to be edited/encoded etc? Which drive do you use for games, and which one for storage such as music/photos etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Maxline comes with a 5 year warranty and supposed to be their server class drive therefore being more reliable etc. Personally, I don't buy maxtors though.

Have you had a look at the Seagate 7200.10 320GB drive as this would be my recommended choice - 5 year warranty as standard. Seagates are also renowned for being the most reliable drives around.

Associate
OP
smids said:
Maxline comes with a 5 year warranty and supposed to be their server class drive therefore being more reliable etc. Personally, I don't buy maxtors though.

Have you had a look at the Seagate 7200.10 320GB drive as this would be my recommended choice - 5 year warranty as standard. Seagates are also renowned for being the most reliable drives around.

Thanks for your help!

I will check out the Seagate in the catalog section.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom