• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

7900 gt vs x1800 xt

Soldato
Take my advice and don't worry about it being damaged until it arrives. ;) It'll be fine and you'll have no reason to end up swapping it. :)

kbc

kbc

Associate
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes it would be a good swap as it would be an upgrade :D , but as said don't worry it'll be fine, and its a cracking card, and welcome to the forums. :)

Yea but not much...

Already regretting the purchase of your 7900GT? Worry only when it's broken. It'll play any current game thrown at it at medium resolution.

Associate
OP
I am not regretting ordering the card as it is the one I have wanted for a while :) I have just become a little anxious that there will be problems with it.
My excitement levels are cranked way up as I am going from an FX 5900 xt.

Caporegime
LoadsaMoney said:
Yes it would be a good swap as it would be an upgrade :D , but as said don't worry it'll be fine, and its a cracking card, and welcome to the forums. :)

your but with a greater headroom in the overclcocking area the 7900 GT when overclocked runs rings around the x1800 xt when overclocked.

I have done this test and the 7900 GT came out on top.

So congrats at getting your new card and have fun getting 11k in 05

Soldato
I score around 10,300 on a badly clocked x1800xt @ 690/900 and I know this is no where near its max overclocks - theres some kind of driver/bios level error going on thats stopping it from overclocking, but some people dont have this and clock over 800 on the core which is what I would expect to get - and that would fly past 11K so I wouldnt say it run rings around it, considering how badly clocked mine is and how good the score is, i've seen a few people with 7900gt's struggling to reach 10k!

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2041952

As you can see my pc isnt exactly high spec - the lowest opteron cpu a cabbage stepping doing 2.6ghz.

P.S - I would get the 7900gt at the mo - but if ATI fix this bloody overclocking I would get the ATI as its easy to mod driver level voltmods via ati tool etc.

Back
Top Bottom