temps are high, water cool?

Associate
Hi,
after having trouble cooling my x1900xtx with a hsf im considering water cooling.
my specs are:
sapphire grouper mobo
x2 4400+ cpu
x1900xtx
g skill zx ram
2 HDDs
seasonic s12 600w psu

My gfx card runs at 50idle and 102 on load!
cpu is about 44 idle and 52 load.

nothing is overclocked atm but i do have plans to overclock sometime in the near future.
my main concern is my gfx card. to be honest i dont play games too often these days but no doubt there will be lasting damage if i keep running it at over 100degrees when i do play them. after reading abit about temps on this forum my cpu seems quite hot too as some ppl dont even reach 45 on load with the stock hsf.

im looking for something quiet, would like passive but no room for the massive radiator, and something reasonably priced. full kit for around £100 would be nice.
anyone got any recommendations?

Associate
MichaelHo said:
thanks for the link. i had a look at that one and the radiator with 2 fans look massive! is that size typical for WC? nothing smaller?

You should really have a dual radiator for that setup. A single radiator would be a tad too weak for great results. But I'm sure you can fit it somewhere, I got an almost identical setup and I fitted it all inside my lian li midi tower :D

Associate
MichaelHo said:
i have a lian li v1000+, u think i will be able to fit it in there?
have u got any photos of your set up?

Yeah, here's a photo of my setup. It does steal a lot of pci-slots though :p

index.php

Associate
MichaelHo said:
so this Swiftech H20-220 Apex "Ultra" Watercooling Kit and Swiftech MCW60 VGA Waterblock is all i need?
where would i get the fluid and anti algae solution from?

it should come with the kit, all you need is distilled /de-ironised water.

btw nice setup there sablabra :)

Last edited:
Associate
mercyless said:
it should come with the kit, all you need is distilled /de-ironised water.

btw nice setup there sablabra :)

Yup, should include all you need. I would also recommend you to add 10% blue anti freeze ;)

Thanks :D . I'll be replacing the x1800xt 512mb with a 7800gtx 512mb next week :)

Back
Top Bottom