Does anyone know what's up with borkley?

Soldato
I think they changed it to tuesday :confused: But it has been down a little longer than usual. I havn't been able to send or receive for about 24hrs, maybe a little less. I would suggest that if you are running out of work you increase the size of your cache in future as these sort of outages seem quite frequent :(

edit: yes it has been changed
April 17, 2006
Our regular Wednesday maintenance outage has been moved to Tuesdays beginning this week. We're doing this to accomodate a number of scheduling conflicts that prevented all of the engineers from being available during the outages.

Last edited:
Associate
rich99million said:
isn't Tuesday the regular scheduled downtime? :confused:

Only if the Tuesday downtime started yesterday and is ongoing :D

Babyface UK
Edit: The projects have been temporarily stopped in order to diagnose problems that have arisen with file upload handling. This outage will continue into our regularly scheduled maintenance outage today. We expect the projects to be restarted by 21:00 UTC. Data servers and web pages are offline until our maintenance is completed. Thank you for your patience.

so 21.00 utc would be Friday real time ( next week ) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't say I know (m)any people who would find it acceptable to take their servers offline for a day a week for 'maintenance'. That said, I increased my cache from 1 day to 5 days after the last big outage so I don't get all that bothered about it anymore.

Man of Honour
They actually got it back online just about on time today. Of course, they're now dealing with the consequences of the upload server being dead for the last 30 hours (which will feed into transitioner and validator delays, bigger than usual database, and so forth), as well as the usual post-outage blues. Hopefully with most workunits being Enhanced now, the time it takes to recover should be somewhat less than the usual week.

I'll try uploading on Wednesday I guess (most of the uploads I have are on a not-on PC). :)

Back
Top Bottom