WTF BF2 Problems..

Man of Honour
Ok I've never had all these problems other people have been so bugged of with untill now..

got home from work and know one's going down the pub till later tonight, so I thought lets have a few games of BF2. Alas log on, get a kill and then get chucked of "connection to server has been lost" Think ah the servers crashed again, but no. Theres still people on there, Then when I tried connecting to any server it comes up "connection to server has been lost". So Type it into google, and seems to relate to a problem with opening the ports up, so out of frustration i open all the ports up, log back in and all seems fine, for 5mins. Now the game just shuts down every 1sec-3mins..

Anyidea guys?

Man of Honour
OP
yes it does appear that a reboot helps (but not always) and I mean a complete reboot from cold.

I'm now so frustrated i'm reinstalling COD as COD2 is a load of rubbish. Hope theres still plenty of servers up.

Soldato
It's that bloody v1.3 patch, I think. Since installing it I've had servers showing up with funny names and seven-digit pings (inaccurately), and random disconnects from all servers. A fresh Windows install hasn't helped, so I am assuming it's all server-side. :(

Man of Honour
OP
well this truley sucks, as theres hardly any servers running 1.2 patch. Just played 20mins before it disconected then...

tried playing cod but the lack of team work annoyed me..

Permabanned
Hmm seems ok.. BF2 Occasionaly has Gay issues though. And no i dont mean coming out of the closet.

I hate it when EA Bring out Unfinished games.
Every EA game I know has patches coming out of it's ears.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
yeh, trust me theres more in BF2 especially if you find a decent sqaud.
Not tried COD2 online yet, not had it long. I get frustrated at the lack of teamwork in BF2 though, so if what you say is right then I might give COD2's online mode a miss. ;)

Associate
There are 'known' issues with 1.3 causing CTD's.

I've experienced a few of them myself and its been riling me also. This usually occurs with the fuller servers.

Just accept that the new patch has been a buggy fleck of s*** and you'll get on a lot better with it. You may notice that no small amount of servers have already declared that using vehicle drops as weapons is an instant ban (and rightly so IMO).

Back
Top Bottom