Shall I go and buy Oblivion today ?

Associate
I got it yesterday and tho its not my thing I thought I would give it a try after seeing it round my mates house.
It is gonna take me time to get into and learn all the menus /controls but I know it will pay-off.

Associate
OP
All my games are either Racing/Driving or War Games.

I thought I might try something different, and the way people on these forums rave about how good it is maybe its a good starting place ?

I've never played that type of game before.

Soldato
I went crazy about it at first. Don't think I have played it in 3 weeks now though. I am more an RTS/FPS person at the moment.

Spellforce 2 is my ideal game.

Associate
Yebraw said:
will it keep me entertained for the rest of the bank holiday weekend ?

That and a lot longer, if you enjoy it. :) It gives you a large, fully explorable fantasy/medieval land that you can do almost anything you set your mind to in. Become an assassin! Be a professional thief! Be an upstanding and noble warrior!

Personally I just like messing about in the wilderness, exploring and finding new places and great things to see. But it's not a play-for-a-few-minutes game. It demands you put some time into it. You won't get much out of it if you just have a go for 15 minutes here and there. It's also good for a laugh - run into a town and punch some guy in the mouth, and then see how many guards you can kill before they take you down. :D

I think it's well worth a go, but if you hate magic, swords and bows then you'll probably not like this.

It's also a great game to push anyone's rig to it's limits. It's very pretty, but also demanding!

Soldato
Not my thing to be honest,

If it is your thing then yes, ive heard its very good from my mate who enjoys that type of stuff, but for me, no.

Associate
Yebraw said:
I cant make up my mind... :confused:

.. will it keep me entertained for the rest of the bank holiday weekend ?
"If" you like it, theres a enough game in there to last you the rest of the year :)

Oh and make sure you have an super-duper Uber-PC to run it. It didnt run at all well on my PC(spec below), luckily i have it on XBox 360.

Last edited:
Associate
Buzza said:
"If" you like it, theres a enough game in there to last you the rest of the year :)

Longer if you do all the smaller quests which means speaking to everyone, going everywhere, becoming things, contacting diseases, finding random items, killing people, stealing things *yawn* you get where i'm going with this lol.

Though you can complete the main quest in the first week you get it theres plenty more to the game to keep you occupied for as long as you want, you can even create a new character and then do the game as a different race :)

I've had the game a month or so now and i've played 21 hours on it since Monday Morning and 50 hours in total (thats not including the hours without an internet connection and no xfire to track it)...if I didn't have internet problems the hours would be well over 100 by now, heh, I haven't even played Battlefield 2 for longer than that and i've had it since it was released :p

Soldato
This isn't my sort of game either, however.

I've got it for the 360 and it's probably my 2nd favourite game ever.

The amount of things you can do is great, i've put 27 hours into it and haven't even started the main quest yet, i'm in the thieves guild and have great fun breaking into people's places at night and stealing things to sell on.

Permabanned
The Thieves Guild is great!
equipping lock spells and stealing weapons...
I use my Dark Brotherhood clothes Because of the extra sneak it provides me....

Soldato
fatmas said:
The Thieves Guild is great!
equipping lock spells and stealing weapons...
I use my Dark Brotherhood clothes Because of the extra sneak it provides me....

Gah! I don't have enough fancy doodle magic skill to use the lockpick spell, I just pick everything manually :cool: Getting a nack for it now!

Permabanned
I only have enough to break Average Locks... I got the scare of my life... Walking into a house and 2 Phat dogs Staring at me.
Luckily they didnt attack me and i Took some Maces and gold. Bwahaha

Associate
I broke into a house that was haunted...no silver weapons and only a sword for some murderin' lol, that didn't go down well...I don't use spells but after I traveled around for hours (realtime) and found the doom/moon/towerstones around Cyrodill I got a spell which can open a Hard Lock per day, sucks its only once per day but it does help me in the spots where I really need to get out and I can't be arsed to spend a while to pick it lol.

Back
Top Bottom