New Car - Bought the Primera GT [56k]

Soldato
Went out today, test drove and bought it. Sorted insurance out, paid for it, drove it back to Sheffield.

Some pics:
156553075_6b9cbc3691.jpg

156554302_55f13c5c56.jpg

156555808_41d17bfa21.jpg

The Info:
Nissan Primera GT (P11) 2000 W
K&N 57i Induction Kit
HKS Super Dragger Exhaust
HKS Manifold
Piper Fast Road Cams
Diamond Black cross drilled disks
Mintex pads
B&M Short Shifter
BK Racing Alloys (17")
Clear repeaters and clear rears
Sony headunit (F7700 i think?)

Paid the pricy sum of £1800 for it, 86k on clock, T&T for 10 months. Few little car park dings, tiny spec of rust under spoiler, couple of scratches, all the usual stuff on a 6 year old car thats been used as a daily driver.

Might be replacing the back box as the current HKS jobbie (4" straight cut) is rather loud.

Edit: Forgot it's also on KYB AGX suspension with Apex springs (35mm drop)

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed partly with above.

Stick the Nissan badge back on the front, but keep the wind deflectors - they're pretty cool (have them on my Prelude)

Looks a nice car for the money.

All you need to do now is replace the SR20 with the SR20DET from the 200SX ;)

Soldato
OP
Sadly some low life pinched the Nissan badge off the back and put a scratch on the boot lid so I was looking at getting one for the boot lid to cover the scratch up.

Soldato
OP
Not got engine bay pic yet.

Stock figures are 150bhp/135ftlbs.

Mine hasn't been RR'd yet, so previous owner is unsure of current figures, a few people on NPOC say anything between 160 and 180bhp. Bit varied, but results from cams/manifold/exhaust/induction kit vary greatly so it can be hard to tell sometimes.

Associate
Nice car, bulletproof mechanicals and looks good - are you going to keep the alloys? I'm not too keen on them, Khan RSRs look very good on the P11

Soldato
OP
Drives very well, pretty normal up to 4000rpm, then it gets really alive. Fastest car i'd driven before was a 1.2 70bhp Micra, so this is a fair bit faster.

Wheels are BK 238's warpped in Goodyear Eagle F1 DSCG3??

I actually like the alloys on it, granted they aren't super nice, but I think they suit the car, plus Khan alloys are expensive, and I can't afford anything after just paying for car + insurance.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's 2.5" pipe from cat to backbox, and backbox to 4" straight cut. Hoping to get the backbox replaced with something a bit more subtle (2.5-3" tail)

Associate
gobbo said:
Piper Fast Road Cams
Might be replacing the back box as the current HKS jobbie (4" straight cut) is rather loud.

Interesting. Have the cams made it hard to insure? Tbh, were it me I probably wouldnt declare and in the (highly) unlikely event they were inspected you would claim ignorence.

Dont recognise the road. Will have to look out for the car about town.

Soldato
OP
Cams are a strange one, and i'm going to be honest, don my flame proof jacket and admit I haven't delcared the cams. Admiral wanted an extra £100 to cover the K&N, exhaust/manifold/suspension.

Discs don't need to be delcared as they are just replacement parts, like tyres, apparently.

The road is a road off Granville Road, don't wanna give my exact location on the interweb. :)

I'm expecting my fare share of :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: for the not declaring cams.

Soldato
I looked at one of these myself, go well and handle well.

You will find changing the backbox alone won't make it quieter, as its the actual silencers used in the exhaust that determine how loud it is.

Looks tidy, BK 238's look nice as well IMO. They look very nice in the flesh anyway, my local garage has them on display.

Back
Top Bottom