Driving Test tomorrow!

Soldato
At long last my test is tomorrow!

Any tips and is it true they have quota of the max people they're allowed to pass, or something along those lines?

The added pressure of just about everyone you know expecting you to pass doesn't help either :(

I just hope that it is pass-able without being lucky/unlucky. It's first thing in the morning 9am, and I've got an hour lesson before. Wish me luck :D

Soldato
luck.gif

Associate
Good luck. When I had mine I didn't tell anyone about it, I didn't want the pressure you have, hey no pressure though! My test was about the same time, had an hour lesson before hand too.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Tommy B said:
At long last my test is tomorrow!

Any tips and is it true they have quota of the max people they're allowed to pass, or something along those lines?

The added pressure of just about everyone you know expecting you to pass doesn't help either :(

I just hope that it is pass-able without being lucky/unlucky. It's first thing in the morning 9am, and I've got an hour lesson before. Wish me luck :D

Other parts of the country are easier to pass in then others. Get a good night sleep and remain calm on your test. If it helps, talk to the examiner, but remember most don't like it. Open your window a tiny bit and get some fresh-air in the car if you can. It should help you keep a clear head. Remember to constiantly check ALL mirrors ALL the time. If you're stationary, check the mirrors... you get the idea.

Break a leg.

Soldato
OP
I thought my test was last Wednesday and I told everyone ages ago that was when it was. At about 10 I got literally about 40 texts - it was ridiculous. No pressure heh :D

I will check all the mirrors constantly. I'm actually in quite a difficult area. Absolutely packed with roundabouts, construction sites, road-works and to top it all off - it's market day tomorrow which means every damn person and their dog'll be out :(

I also have a habit of screeching "woman drivers" when driving with my parents/instructor. I've been advised to try and avoid saying that if the examiner is a woman :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the positive comments.

I need to get his idea that they search for reasons for failure out of my head. I just know so many people who have failed recently, although tbh I was 17 in September so I've had lots of experience.

Permabanned
Just keep a cool head, chew chewing gum I found it helped, remember MIRRORS all the time, you gotta actually make it blatently obvious and turn your head to let the examiner know you're looking.

Soldato
OP
It's just annoying that you can't retake it the following week. The waiting list is about a month and I would kill to drive before then. Last night, for example, I was stuck at home with no food. I could have driven and got a curry or something. We live in this remote place btw, no chance of Dominos :(

Associate
Well, I failed and passed my test 14 days later, 10 days is the minimum time before a retake.

And this is living in an area where the waiting list was three months plus, just find a cancellation date and you'll be fine.

Soldato
Well done, it's a great feeling isn't it? I passed the other day and got 6 minors, though it should have been 4 as i hit 2 kerbs.

Just remember though what my examiner told me, you are now on "probation" for 2 years so drive carefully.

Associate
RoB- said:
Well done, it's a great feeling isn't it? I passed the other day and got 6 minors, though it should have been 4 as i hit 2 kerbs.

Just remember though what my examiner told me, you are now on "probation" for 2 years so drive carefully.

Your lucky it wasnt a fail with 2 kerb hits id say

Back
Top Bottom