water cooling in a lian li v1000+

Associate
Hi,
have the case in the topic, just wondering how other v1000+ owners have their water cooling set up. would be great if you could post up some pics.
thinking of getting swiftech apex ultra, would like the waterchill external but its too expensive.

thanks.

Associate
Why not have a look at the Corsair external setup, if that is the way you wish to go.
Not too badly priced and good cooling to boot.

Associate
OP
thanks daftvadar, exactly what i wanted to see, where there any options you were considering when choosing where to mount the dual radiators?

Bito:
thanks for mentioning the corsair kit, ive had a look and is this the one:
Corsair Nautilus 500 External Water Cooling Unit ?

** right about it being reasonbly priced! hows the performance thou?
i have a sapphire grouper mobo, x2 4400+, 1900xtx, 2 gig ram, i was told that i would benefit most from dual radiators.

Soldato
MichaelHo said:
Hi,
have the case in the topic, just wondering how other v1000+ owners have their water cooling set up. would be great if you could post up some pics.
thinking of getting swiftech apex ultra, would like the waterchill external but its too expensive.

thanks.

hi there,

my backup rig (d-930) in a v1000 with apex ultra and mcw30

Picture010.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Associate
MichaelHo said:
thanks daftvadar, exactly what i wanted to see, where there any options you were considering when choosing where to mount the dual radiators?
The mounting options (as I saw them) were:

a) Cut the top of the case and mount it there... kinda half internal half external mounting. Decided against this because the radiator would not be self bleeding and would be influenced by the heat from inside the case.

b) Mount it fully externally on top of the case. Again, wouldn't be self bleeding so it's going to trap air over time doing it this way.

c) Try to mount it at the rear. Would have required a much deeper radbox or a solution like laz-y-boy has used. I thought holes for the tubing would have been problematic and would have to be cut in that small perforated section of the case to the left of the pci slots, one above the other.

d) Remove the HD racks and install in the bottom of the case. As performance was my main criteria I decided against an internal mounting. Also it would have been a very tight fit and require a small amount of extra modding in addition to removing the cages.

e) Mount it externally on the off-side of the case. Looks ugly but works well. One thing to note is that it does make the case more prone to being knocked over. Hasn't happened yet but it's definitely side heavy.

Back
Top Bottom