If... The Oil Runs Out ON NOW!!!

Soldato
Copied this from SC everyone watch !!!!!! Hopefully it will open your eyes.

If... The Oil Runs Out

Tue 30 May, BBC2 11:20 pm - 12:20 am 60mins
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/if/4989146.stm

It's 2016 and the world is in crisis. The Oil Age is coming to an end.

Global supply can't keep up with soaring demand and the price of petrol is going through the roof. So now the oil companies are in a race, to the ends of the earth in a desperate search for Black Gold. But what happens if the oil isn't out there anymore? What then?

Blending drama and documentary, this film investigates the scenario which experts fear will come true when the cheap oil on which we depend starts to run out. Suddenly we won't be able to take anything for granted any more.
link

Aod

Aod

Soldato
oh course, the immediate answer to this problem will be to run all the diesel engined vehicles on vegatable oil.

it requires no modifications to run at all. :)

Soldato
OP
OMG how sad, people think that will make everything go away. I just dont think you people know how much energy this country uses. Now that the North sea is running near dry, we have to import our oil an gas from the EU. And guess what we are the last country on the pipe. We are screwed

Soldato
teaboy5 said:
OMG how sad, people think that will make everything go away. I just dont think you people know how much energy this country uses. Now that the North sea is running near dry, we have to import our oil an gas from the EU. And guess what we are the last country on the pipe. We are screwed

Bikes are the way forward! :cool:

Associate
*uses his bike to make pharmaceuticles* ;)

Oil is used for more than just fuel guys: plastics, pharmaceuticles, etc. We're in more trouble than just not being able to get to where we want easily and/or quickly.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
actually, i meant immediate, like the week it occurs.

think about it, it would be necessary to power trucks and things to deliver food and supplies around. after that then sorting out alternate power sources can be addressed.

Soldato
OP
Aod said:
actually, i meant immediate, like the week it occurs.

think about it, it would be necessary to power trucks and things to deliver food and supplies around. after that then sorting out alternate power sources can be addressed.

Like the week it accurs? What are taking about man, it will happen over years and prices will just go up and up and up and up.

Soldato
OP
Six6siX said:
To OP, is it just me or has pretty much EVERY thread you've started been about the oil? Ok, there'll be a crisis when it runs out...I get the point. :rolleyes: jeez.

You get the point, look at this program, its displaying some kind of faily tail world where everyone is fine with the cost. But in the real world you will have wars breaking out everywhere around the world. Fightin the street shortages of food the list goes on. Just read into it

Last edited:
Soldato
teaboy5 said:
You get the point, you dont look at this program, its displaying some kind of faily tail world where everyone is fine with the cost. But in the real world you will have wars breaking out everywhere around the world. Fightin the street shortages of food the list goes on. Just read into it

Yeah, I see what you are saying, but I thought this was established in the first thread you made about the oil? Every thread is exactly the same give or take a few posts - they all end up being:

- There's going to be an oil crisis in a few years!
- Oh noes
- No there isnt
- Yes there is
- What are we going to do, we're all going to die
- Evil monkeys will take over the world (this may or may not be true)

Sorry if I'm being harsh, but thats how I see it.

Back
Top Bottom