Car Crash - Post Accident Check Up

Soldato
Morning folks,

I have my FIRST medical examination on Friday from the crash I had last December (I was rear ended by a van whilst stationary, my car was a Cat-B write off).

I am not too sure what to expect?

My aches and constant trapped-nerve-like (not actually a trapped nerve) pain stopped 10-12 weeks ago, I had the constant ache for about 8 weeks and then in mornings for about a further 6 weeks. I have had no pain for the last month.

When I was aching I drew a diagram of where the aches were. My right shoulder, base of neck lower back and sternum.

When aching I used to take Ibuprofen.

The hospital advised me to carry on with my sports as normal, so I did but it was very uncomfortable. Again, I have no problems now though.

So, I am wondering what the hell is going to happen at my examination?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Soldato
My Solicitors are doing well it seems.

Don't worry about it one bit - just go in and tell the consultant what effects you suffered and how long for, he or she will take notes and you'll be out of there in 10 minutes flat.

Doddle.

Soldato
I think they will check for anything abnormal. Basically that everything works as it should, I guess they will mainly check for nerve damage and that you have a normal range of motion. And also if anything is untoward, like abnormal heart rate of blood pressure. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Soldato
OP
merlin said:
My Solicitors are doing well it seems.

Don't worry about it one bit - just go in and tell the consultant what effects you suffered and how long for, he or she will take notes and you'll be out of there in 10 minutes flat.

Doddle.

I cannot tell if that was a sarcastic comment or not?

Anyway, the solicitors you put me onto are very good.
I havn't dealt with solicitors before so admittedly I have nothing to compare against but the chap I am sorting things with is very professional and so far so good.

The waiting list is huge for the medial company I am going to and that coupled with the problems I had finding the 3rd party's insurer out has led to a longer than normal delay.

Again, thanks for passing me onto them :)

thebrasso said:
I think they will check for anything abnormal.
I have ginger hair.

Soldato
Tesla said:
I cannot tell if that was a sarcastic comment or not?

Nope, not at all.

Just pleased to see them doing a good job and getting you in for a medical. When your £3000 cheque arrives you owe me a drink :p

:)

Soldato
OP
merlin said:
Nope, not at all.

Just pleased to see them doing a good job and getting you in for a medical. When your £3000 cheque arrives you owe me a drink :p

:)

I would say I owe you one anyway. You have been a great help.

First, you must take me out in the Integra though :p

Will you be at the RR?

Soldato
Tesla said:
I would say I owe you one anyway. You have been a great help.

First, you must take me out in the Integra though :p

Will you be at the RR?

Yeah I'll be there, ask me/remind me when we're there and I'll take you out in it for 10 mins.

Back
Top Bottom