Don
Not ugly cars but small styling details that you hate or leave you asking why

those tringular exhausts on the new Civic - stupid

the standard wheels on the latest Golf GTi - awful

the grill on the 5 door A3 - spoils a good looking car

sill extension on Civic type R - looks like an afterthought

thats just for starters :D

Soldato
Those hinge things on the back of the cabriolet Mini for the boot.

On the RX8 - front wheel arches are offensive and do not belong on the car.

Sun roofs. Any car - any design - dont care - they all look stupid.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
- The nose on the front of the new Audi's and Subarus
- The nova style wheel arches on the new S class
- Fake aluminium trim in any car. Classic examples being the boundless plastic in new minis and the hideous imitation alu either side of the transmission tunnel in the RX8
- Fake wood in any car
- Plastic steering wheels. After all, it's the only thing that you continually touch (or should be touching) whilst driving in a car. I really do think that decent leather steering wheels should be in EVERY car, even if it is an SUV
- The centre console in the new Jag XK. Stunning car in every other respect, but has a centre console from a Daewoo in it, doesn't match at all

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The 'nostril' grilles on the Karmann Ghia after the redesign for the '60 model year. While the later grilles weren't ugly, the grilles on the 'low-light' front end that the car had from '55 to '59 looked much better.

Associate
JRS said:
The 'nostril' grilles on the Karmann Ghia after the redesign for the '60 model year. While the later grilles weren't ugly, the grilles on the 'low-light' front end that the car had from '55 to '59 looked much better.

Following on from this, the half-moon vents, rear tailgate, front indicators and rear tail lights from VW's T2a Early Bay being replaced after '72 (had only been around between 68 - 71) to boxy rear vents, mis-shaped tail gate, indicator at the top next to the grill and large rectangular tail lights. :(

Standard Decals on VW Golfs - such as on the Mk3, the 'Dragon' logo and red line along the car if you bought a certain model in a certain colour.

BMW's styling in general, can't think of many cars worse looking than the 6, Z4, X3 and X5, but aside from this the shark fin aeriel. Just looks ridiculous when stuck on a 3-series compact.

Soldato
hinges on back of mini cabriolet looks so much like they were manufactured by armitage shanks :) But I do like the triangle exhausts on the civic and I think it goes with the spaceship style headlights.

Man of Honour
the arse on most renaults they seem to continually seem to be trying to make cool via advertising.

convertable conversions to superminis - i've yet to see one that acutally looks vaugly good, the 206cc proberbly being the best and the mirca being the spawn of devil

oh and pretty much everything attached to the tyres of a chrysler...

Soldato
eidolon said:
350Z door handles.

What were they thinking????

Are you talking about the inside or outside?

Anyway my mate just got one, I had a sit in it and the interior handle is silver paint on plastic - but the silver had flaked off to expose a transparent plastic handle.

Euuuw :( See through plastic. I mean wtf. Are they built in France? :/

Back
Top Bottom