Whats this Windows "Genuine Advantage" rubbish?

Associate
Ive just been invaded by good old Microsofts "Genuine Advantage" nonsense. Now I know my windows is genuine and I have been using it for years without any problem. Now I'm told on bootup that My windows in invalid and I need to buy a new validation???
How do I get rid of this annoying reminder?

Permabanned
If your Copy is genuine Then you should contact microsoft and explain the fact.
Ring the support like and try reactivating.
If it's a GENUINE copy then you'll be fine.

[Edit] There is a way to get rid of the reminders but I cannot Explain how because of forum Rules [Edit]

Last edited:
Soldato
I haven't heard any evidence of the Genuine Advantage Notification Program "getting it wrong" - by all means contact them, but I would imagine that your copy is less legal than you think. Where did it come from?

Man of Honour
PinkPig said:
I haven't heard any evidence of the Genuine Advantage Notification Program "getting it wrong" - by all means contact them, but I would imagine that your copy is less legal than you think. Where did it come from?

Sometimes they have got it wrong, you may need to explain that fact.

However, you are right, it is likely that the version of XP is probably less legal then you think.

Where did it come from, has it been on any other PCs, Is your PC the same as it was when you first activated etc....

Burnsy

Soldato
Actually, I was going to ask a question about this too. I have automatic updates switched on and seems like once a week its getting updates for this windows genuine advantage tool. Everytime it gets a new update for it I'm expecting it to say that my windows is not genuine or something.

Back
Top Bottom