Help With A New Monitor Please

Associate
Hi all,

I am looking at getting a new monitor to replace my old Samsung SyncMaster 900NF.

I am looking for a 19" that is a good all rounder. I use my PC for web design, word documents, browsing the net and some gaming such as Need for speed most wanted and Call of duty and Quake 4.

I was thinking of the Viewsonic VP930 as I read some good things about it here. I also read that the Viewsonic VP920 is more geared towards gamers.

I need something that has a mixture of both. It doesnt have to be by Viewsonic and I am open suggestions on any 19" monitors that are a good all rounder.

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

Man of Honour
For all round performance, you'll have trouble trying to beat the VP930 in the 19" market. Good responsiveness, good colour accuracy, good black depth, wide viewing angles and smooth movie playback thanks to the 8ms P-MVA panel used. You may find some slightly more responsive models like the Samsung 940BF and Viewsonic VX922, but these suffer in other areas since they are based on TN Film technology. I think if you want a good all round screen, the VP930 would be a very good 19" choice. Plenty of others if you wanted to look in the 20" market :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help :)

Ah yea...The 20" market :D

I just had a look at the Viewsonic VX2025 and it seems to be a lot more monitor for similar money. Reading here I also seen that widescreen is a lot more useful in the long run due to the ability to view pages side by side etc.

Would I be right in saying that the Viewsonic VX2025 is a good all round monitor for general use as well as gaming?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

Man of Honour
It's pretty much a scaled up version of the 8ms AU Optronics P-MVA panel as used in the VP930, so yes, another very good all rounder :)

Associate
OP
I have one more question please :)

Will my ATI 9800 Pro be able to do the 1680 x 1050 resolution that the Viewsonic VX2025 has?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

Suspended
Daniel said:

Will my ATI 9800 Pro be able to do the 1680 x 1050 resolution that the Viewsonic VX2025 has?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

should be able to, my 9800pro managed to do 2048x1536. of course anything other than desktop that i eventually managed to get it working with didnt run too nice.

Man of Honour
Daniel said:

Thanks for your help.
Daniel

should be finee maybe it might struggle with some modern games with eye candy turned up, but for everything else it should be more than adequate :)

Back
Top Bottom