Which Keyboard

Soldato
Which keyboard should I get?
I'm a 'gamer' as you would put it but it needs to be good for office work. I would like a quite short keystroke. (maybe the same design as a laptops) I also would like it to be illuminated. Any suggestions, i'm sick of hammering on this old key board. :rolleyes:

Thanks

Associate
The BEST keyboard ever made was the IBM Mk2

It's a love or hate thing though, as they're beige, 102 Key, Heavy, Noisy things. IF you like it though, you'll never be happy with any other Keyboard.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/cusnonusen.html

You'll get them about the £25-35 range at "Popular Auction Sites"

My first has withstood a number of coffee/Keyboard interfaces, and only needs a stripdown & Clean to return to a servicable state (Right shift is sticky).

My particular ones are 1989 & 1990 (Cheers Jason) Vintages.

Last edited:
Associate
KizZ said:
The IBM MK2 looks nice :)

Most Certainly is my friend... get one, you'll not regret it (Well, if you like Clicky, Heavy keyboards that don't have the sodding annoying Windows key on them. Standard PS/2 Connection as well.

Yeah, I know I'm sad for getting all excited over a Keyboard, but if you try one, you'll know why:D

Soldato
SpeedLink Ultra SL-6466 Flat Illuminated Metal Keyboard

£35

Thats the only one that meets everything you said although it is out of stock, I have a Saitek eclipse myself and it is excellent

Soldato
OP
Raikiri said:
SpeedLink Ultra SL-6466 Flat Illuminated Metal Keyboard

£35

Thats the only one that meets everything you said although it is out of stock, I have a Saitek eclipse myself and it is excellent

Is it the gaming version?
at the moment i've got a four year old logitech cordless thing, its not going to break soon but I just want a new one is you get what I mean. there is like a cm of travel per keystroke on it, my dingers will wear out before it does.

Soldato
No, the keys on the Hiper keyboard are plastic. Otherwise it would be far more expensive. It's just a pity OcUK don't sell them, although they can be picked up elsewhere for just over £20.

Soldato
I love my Ultra X but the only problem I have is the keys seem to be falling off. :( Well only the 2 keys but I need to buy a new one now. :(

Back
Top Bottom