PVR program

Caporegime
Having finally got a TV card working on my system, i cant stand the software it came with (hauppauger HVR 1300). It's really slow and difficult to use and i cant watch anything that is recorded with it as just about everything that can go wrong with a video does (jumping, picture not moving etc). Has anyone got any recommendations for a PVR program that will work with this TV card.

I tried the winfast PVR program that came with the leadtek card which seems really good but it wont work with this card. It also needs to be able to record from a component or svideo source (on the card) and be free.

thanks

Associate
I used Showshifter a few years back, it did the job then so I assume it will do it fine still :)
Although I was hearing that they are selling the company/software or something...check out their website and see what they are saying :D

Associate
Showshifter went bust though some users are trying to make it open source I think. Best alternative I've found is GB-PVR which although free is better than any commercial alternatives I've tried.

Caporegime
OP
boosfuk said:
Showshifter went bust though some users are trying to make it open source I think. Best alternative I've found is GB-PVR which although free is better than any commercial alternatives I've tried.

I just installed it and i must say it is rather good. A lot better than the winTV software it came with. What i cant work out how to do is record from composite. Does anyone know how to do it, or alternativly a different program that will record from composite and s-video, preferrably straight onto the hard drive not into the memory then HD?

EDIT doesn't matter i just found out how to do it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom