Segway scooter!

Soldato
My friend is got some money lying around and the segway scooter is caught his eye (after i recommended it jokingly). I have only seen Shakeal O Neil ride one before on tv.
Anyone here got one or use one before? Is it worth the money?

no hotlinking please!

Soldato
They are very expensive and IIRC illegal in this country. Last i heard they were not allowed on the footpath due to having an electric motor, but not allowed on the road due to not haivng a license plate or summit like that.

That was a while ago when they forst appeared though.

Soldato
Segways have been famous since U.S. President George W. Bush fell from one, an act touted as impossible by Segway themselves due to the machine's self-righting gyro system.

PS. They're not worth the money at all when you can buy a five-seater car for not much more. I would like half of whatever your friend is smoking. ;)

Soldato
Your friend needs a real life experience, if he wants a Segway he has become seperated from society and is indeed mentally unstable. Do not turn your back on a Segway owner!

Soldato
JimmyEatWorms said:
2004_08_bushsegway.jpg

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ElRazur dude, it's "has" not "is", just for future reference.

Personally, I've never seen the appeal with those scooters.

Man of Honour
had a 10 min go on one a couple of years ago, and it was pretty cool. Can see how they could be totally amazing, transform transportation as we know it etc etc, but at the price people would rather have a car and the current road/pavement infastructure just isn't set up for one.

If i were him i'd spend it on a holiday, or just save it and buy random stuff I need

Back
Top Bottom