Best LCD TV to use on a HTPC ?

Soldato
Hi,

sure this has been asked a lot of times and doing a search LG seem to be the best brand.

Is this still the case ? Will be plugging in my HTPC from DVI to DVI/HDMI

Just so many different models and makes, only thing i think i know for certain is that toshiba won't be good for me as it does not do a exact 1:1 mapping.

any pointers / advice ?

was looking to spend around £800 - £1000 but can go higher if needs be.

Thanks

Mud

Mud

Soldato
I've received my Samsung LE32R73BD today, a screen which is often recommended to people who want to attach a HTPC. The VGA pixel matches beautifully, but the DVI->HDMI overscans somewhat. The VGA is superior and leaves the HDMI free for something that requires HDCP anyway. I paid £729.

There're obviously others to choose between too, but this is the one my research ended on.

Caporegime
theres no LCD that is particularly more suited to HTPC use than another

other than one that doesnt do 1:1 pixel mapping. Only one that doesnt is the toshiba WL(T)66.

all of the rest, like samsung sony etc.. all do and are very good sets.

the LG sets however, never seem to get good reviews, and the support on them is terrible. I have a 20" one in the Bedroom, and the Sky remote wont work it. No matter what code i try, nothing. And LG customer service were useless, and after a quick google, loads of other people seem to have the same problem.

Soldato
I just got a Hyundai Q321, its amazing for the price. I spent ages looking as this TV came out tops value/specs wise compared to the sumsungs and toshs etc.

Soldato
OP
thanks again.

did a search and a lot of ppl are saying good things about the LG in general which is wierd

Looking at the 32LP1D / 37LP1D - £1000 / £1200

seems to have everything I want anyone got one ?

Back
Top Bottom