Troubled over A Case - HELP!!

ATI

ATI

Associate
hello all

i have been looking and looking for a case that is:

- Black
- Alumanium
- Using riser screws for MB fitting not clips.
- Front USB & Firewire
- Very Important (quiet)
- Pref no door but would consider it
- 5-8 HD
- 4 Optical drives

please throw some ideas or links

Thanks

Soldato
Lian Li PC7+ with a new HDD cage or a HDD expander fitted.

Ticks all your boxes, 5 HDD's etc.

Would come in at £60/65.

The v1000b+ with a non modular PSU is another option, just depends what your budget is.

Soldato
Mikey1280 said:
Can you fit more hd cages in the pc 7 plus? Dont you think it would be a little cramped with 4 optical drives and 5 hard drives?

You can replace or extend the capacity of the existing cage.

Not overly cramped though, Eclipse would be better suited but has a plastic front.

Soldato
My PC is currently in a v1000+.

Physically not much bigger than a PC7+, but the internal layout means it has a lot more 'room'.

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
Yewen said:
My PC is currently in a v1000+.

Physically not much bigger than a PC7+, but the internal layout means it has a lot more 'room'.

@ yewen thanks for getting back to me, i have £150.00 to spend on a case.

the tj03 is good but its over 2 yrs old so i,m worried is not going to be made to todays quiet standards.

with hard disk vibrations and seeks, have anyone got this case.

Last edited:
Soldato
The PC7 chassis is older than the TJ03, and the TJ03's basic design dates back to the ATC-Tek cases around 2001!

80mm fans, but can be made quiet, very good case the TJ03 is but a little overpriced for what you get unless you like the looks a lot!

The v1000+ is a year old and the non plus another year, very good cases but not suitable for every rig you want to put in them.

The PC7+ is still worth considering with that budget, as is the Lian Li G7, G70 and maybe depending on price the Lian Li S80, the next case I am looking at; although sadly it also comes with a door.

Do you prefer the looks of cases such as the TJ03 or are you not that bothered by them?

Few wild cards to try (shamelessly stolen from a property program :p) just it all depends on what your tastes in the looks department are. Do you have a shortlist of cases you like?

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
hi yewen

thanks for getting back to me is there naychance i could talk to u via msn about this if its possible if not well keep it the forums.

thanks

Soldato
Sure thing, if youve added me I should be one sometime; been rather busy lately though so sorry if its a bit on and off!

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
Yewen said:
Sure thing, if youve added me I should be one sometime; been rather busy lately though so sorry if its a bit on and off!

hi no worries

not in hurry or anything like that.

tnanks

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
hi yewen

i have lloked at the PC-V1000 plus/PC-V1000B plus, toms hardware like it and coupl of other but a few gripes, no reset button how the hell u suppose to reset if your windows is stuck and the holes in the frame surly u could hear everything from that, but aprt from that its has all the bays and other requirments that i need.

ahich are:

6 - 3.5 HD internal
front usb
120mm fans

Not

- i dont think it quite, can you throw some cases at me as well for me to look at with that kinda of spec, please bare in mind the must to keep things quite and upgradeability. as i read some where here that alumanium are likely to resongate with the hard disks as i have four.

thanks

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ATI said:
hi yewen

i have lloked at the PC-V1000 plus/PC-V1000B plus, toms hardware like it and coupl of other but a few gripes, no reset button how the hell u suppose to reset if your windows is stuck and the holes in the frame surly u could hear everything from that, but aprt from that its has all the bays and other requirments that i need.

I've heard that the case is actually very quiet despite that. If noise worries you that much, get some silent fans, a new gfx card fan or even some water cooling.

Note

- i dont think it quite, can you throw some cases at me as well for me to look at with that kinda of spec, please bare in mind the must to keep things quite and upgradeability. as i read some where here that alumanium are likely to resongate with the hard disks as i have four.

thanks

You can easily mod the hdd bays so that they don't resonate.

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
hi there

thanks for getting back to me, well its for the new conroe, it will have the arctic cooling pro for the hsf and 7900gtx and four hard drives, 2 dvd rw (benqs).

throught those holes surly u could hear the racket and you mentioned something about modding the bays as well. could you please tell me what you mean.

and what about the reset why dont they include it :(

i dont really mind the wheels but appranetly they give u rubber ones as well is that totaly true or ?

Nix

Nix

Soldato
ATI said:
hi there

thanks for getting back to me, well its for the new conroe, it will have the arctic cooling pro for the hsf and 7900gtx and four hard drives, 2 dvd rw (benqs).

throught those holes surly u could hear the racket and you mentioned something about modding the bays as well. could you please tell me what you mean.

Well there are a few very simple mods that you can do to stop the ROMs or your HDDs from resonating at all. One example may be to quite literally suspend your HDDs in the air.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article109-page1.html

Another example, may be to use gel feet or bluetac to prevent the contact of the ROMs and HDD with the case itself. The gel/bluetac would absorb the vibrations. It's also possible to use rubber bands to the same affect.

You could also mod your fans down from 12v to 7v and that would quieten them too.

http://www.cpemma.co.uk/7volt.html

Have a quick glance at this thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17572489

and what about the reset why dont they include it :(

i dont really mind the wheels but appranetly they give u rubber ones as well is that totaly true or ?

I'm not too sure to be honest with you, Yewen will be able to answer that one for you.

Soldato
Nix said:
I'm not too sure to be honest with you, Yewen will be able to answer that one for you.

Ive never had to use the reset button, but just try holding the power button in for 8 seconds. ;)

The case is silent for me, the case is two fronted really, the holes are basically a exteriror shell and only in the bit around the power button do they get direct access to the main case area.

It is fine for noise, and resonation can be solver in the bays with a elastic band, that easy and it gives you a rubber mounting. :p

ATI

ATI

Associate
OP
Hello all

Lian-Li PC-101 Aluminum Mid Tower

are these new cases i was sure these werent there before?

for me its still the v1000+ thanx to yewen :)

any reviews or pics for these cases anywhere

thanks

Associate
How about the Lian Li V2000+ ? - I've got the black version and it seems to tick all your requirements.
Will easily take 5-8 HDD's (can hold up to 12) and 4 Opticals(got 6*5.25" bays) without need to modify or get new HDD cage.
Is a bit bigger (being a full tower rather than midi) than V1000 or PC7+ but will give you room to fit everything in without looking extremely cramped for space.
;)

Soldato
BIT BIGGER!

You sir must generally think everything is that size. ;)

The 101 is indeed new, they dont seem to have the 201 in mind, the bigger version.

Associate
ATI said:
hello all

i have been looking and looking for a case that is:

- Black
- Alumanium
- Using riser screws for MB fitting not clips.
- Front USB & Firewire
- Very Important (quiet)
- Pref no door but would consider it
- 5-8 HD
- 4 Optical drives

please throw some ideas or links

Thanks

All I was trying to do was saying option of V2000 was another option especially given the number of HDD's and Optical drives that OP was looking for.
Just think that a midi-tower will be very cramped with those numbers installed.
:)

Back
Top Bottom