just seen a Toyota I never seen before..

Soldato
As title.

Waiting for a bus earlier today and I saw a black car coming down the road. I instantly thought Nissan Skyline R32 I belive, with its long body and rounded shape with big boot at the back.

As it got closer the badge on the front was like a bird with flag:confused: Ah! Import.

The rear badge was a Toyota badge ( the round one like todays cars ) but the model name was strange. I swear it began with an "S" but was to long to read Supra, it read somthing like Soprana, Soprano????

It definatly looked like a 90`s design...

Any help finding the name of this car or even a few pics would be so helpful as I am pulling my hair out thinking and trying to find it on google..

Permabanned
Soarer!?

something like

au_vehicles.1622.2.jpg

Soldato
DreXeL said:
Nice cars, but a cruiser rather than a sports car. Handling isn't up to much by all accounts.
yeah but let's be honest, by your standards (a sorted scoob and now the RX) it isn't going to wow the socks off you is it? ;)
more of a GT car IMHO.
would you say it behaves like a 3000GTO or a Supra? or doesn't it fare as well as those cars?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
yeah but let's be honest, by your standards (a sorted scoob and now the RX) it isn't going to wow the socks off you is it? ;)
more of a GT car IMHO.
would you say it behaves like a 3000GTO or a Supra? or doesn't it fare as well as those cars?

LOL, in all honesty I'm just going by what I've been told, I have never actually driven one. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are a bad car, but like you say they are more of a GT.

They aren't really on a par with a Supra or a GTO in the handling stakes. A mate of mine went to a Supra TT from a Soarer TT, and he says the difference is huge. The Soarer is a bit wallowey and numb apparently. They are pretty quick in a straight line though. I do like the looks too.

Soldato
DreXeL said:
LOL, in all honesty I'm just going by what I've been told, I have never actually driven one. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they are a bad car, but like you say they are more of a GT.

They aren't really on a par with a Supra or a GTO in the handling stakes. A mate of mine went to a Supra TT from a Soarer TT, and he says the difference is huge. The Soarer is a bit wallowey and numb apparently. They are pretty quick in a straight line though. I do like the looks too.
i think, to be fair to Toyota/Lexus though, the car is intentionally less hardcore than the Supra.once again it seems i'm arguing with everyone as i actually don't care for the looks of the soarer lol, something i personally believe is the reason for their relatively small numbers here in the UK.at least you can be fairly sure the thing will be mechanically bullet proof though.

i'm trying to talk myself out of a Supra at the moment as i've been mildly interested in them since i borrowed a 450bhp model.

Last edited:
Soldato
Morba said:
do it!

supras look great, regardless of how old they are :D

i will get round to buying one but it's far from common sense to get one right now.i've got money tied up all over the shop at the moment and the common sense component of my brain keeps butting in and reminding me that financially i can't go in all directions at once.

i have to say though that i really like the Supra TT, from what i've read they mod incredibly easily.

Soldato
I've got one :)

they are really really quick but pretty much all are automatics. The handling is a bit wallowy unless you got a model with the electronic suspension ( like mine) which stiffens it up a great deal.

The best thing about a soarer is the price - you can get a really nice TT model for £2k which will keep up with Supras, yet cost about a third of the price.

In all fairness Supras are quite barge like themselves - definitely not the epitome of handling but Soarers/Supras are wicked straight line speed cars and very comfortable to drive in.

There is also the benefit of people not knowing what the car is, and being quite surprised when you put your foot down :D

Anyway, 2.5 litre turbo'd inline six engine which puts out 280 bhp. Not at all bad for £2000.

Back
Top Bottom