EF81 or Z540

Permabanned
Whilst I am waiting for the Vario 2 to come out I fancy a 3g flip phone as a secondary phone.

Choices appear to be:

the Benq Siemens EF81 (very nice looking with 2mp camera)

Samsung Z540 (pretty solid looking and I am used to Samsung phones, have a bit of a soft spot for them)

Motorola V3x - hmm bit common.

So does one of these phones stand head and shoulders above the others? Or is there an alternative phone that I have not listed?

Opinions please.

There is also the Z700 and the Z710 (both due soon apparently).

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had a play with both, and technically the EF81 is better when it comes to the camera and technology (forgot if it has a mem card slot)

The Z540 on the other hand I'm a very big fan of, the screen on it is amazing and the buttons are really good. Not a supporter of the brushed metal on the EF81, I prefer the Z540, it may be plastic but it sure feels solid. 140mb of internal memory, but then I never fill my phones up with stuff anyway apart from a few ringtones.

Im looking to get one, but the orange one they sell in japan which is on ebay.

EDIT - The V3X seems to have a lot of bugs, some menus are a bit complicated, i.e sending files over bluetooth, dont goto send, rather, goto move?! its weird! Also battery life sucks! and the keypad isnt even on par with the v3i.

Soldato
i've found that a lot of the 'cool' samsung phones never make it to our shores, I dont think the z700 or z710 will (unless you know something i dont!) Have a look at the e900, thats coming on vodafone soon, but no 3g :(

Back
Top Bottom