Corrupt Files on install...

Man of Honour
Recently been getting corrupt/not matching files when installing applications, especially games. The installer gives an error and asks if I want to abort, ignore or continue. Of course I've tried now with three different optical drives, a new hard drive and varying power configurations. It's really starting to hack me off as I've bought 2gb RAM recently to play Oblivion, BF2 etc but none of them are installing (When they would before).

Any ideas on this one?

Help much appreciated.

Man of Honour
OP
Aha, I think my motherboard was supplying a lower than displayed voltage.

I upped the voltage from stock on the ram to 2.8v and it seems to be better now, no errors as of yet.

Thanks SO much for highlighting the problem guys.

Soldato
Zefan said:
Aha, I think my motherboard was supplying a lower than displayed voltage.

I upped the voltage from stock on the ram to 2.8v and it seems to be better now, no errors as of yet.

Thanks SO much for highlighting the problem guys.

Ah, good to hear :)

Soldato
Zefan said:
Nope, a million errors again :mad:

How odd.

Going to try to boost voltage up some more.

Double check all the timings, frequencies and voltages to make sure nothing is set incorrectly.

If the RAM does not work at the stock voltages - send it back to whoever sold it to you.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Does G.SKILL have lifetime warranties on their parts? I bet they do. Send the RAM back and get fresh sticks.

Good point, I think they do. Although, would warranty still be an option to the second owner of the RAM sticks?

If not send them back to the guy who sold them to you and get him to RMA them. (Unless of course you have the proof of purchase with you.)

Man of Honour
OP
killer_uk said:
Good point, I think they do. Although, would warranty still be an option to the second owner of the RAM sticks?

If not send them back to the guy who sold them to you and get him to RMA them. (Unless of course you have the proof of purchase with you.)

He sent his OcUK receipt along with it, you reckon I can simply email G.Skill about it?

Soldato
Zefan said:
Thing is wont they require proof of purchase? Actually I suppose not... it's not like you can buy G.Skill off anyone apart from G.skill :o

They will just ask you for a copy of the receipt along with the memory when you send it.

Back
Top Bottom