good current account?

Suspended
can anyone recommend me a good current account to open?

Is it possible to open an account online? with all the identification procedures?

Soldato
Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland's #1) is easily the best bank i've used, great customer service and if you switch to them now and you live in scotland they give you £100 :)

Associate
The Nat West Ad Gold Account is really good. I just opened one, it is a curretn account and you do have to pay a monthly subscription of £12 i think, but if you use all the benefits you can save loads! Loads of discounts in the shops and stuff!!

Associate
Kitchster_uk said:
First Direct for the win!!!! Best call centre (Leeds), excellent internet banking and cash counters of HSBC if you need them. Can't praise the call centre highly enough!!!

Second this, firstdirect are cool. They can be contacted 24/7 and a real person will answer straight away. Great online banking also :)

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Only downside to First Direct is not everyone can hit the £1000 credited to account per month :)

I'm happy with my Barclays staff account, other than the fact that copy statements from Barclays dont come on headed sheets, but instead spreadsheet style printouts :(

Soldato
Sirrel Squirrel said:
Just been reading up on the Alliance and Leicester account, sounds really good, anyone use them?

Used to be (and still are tbh) a building society. They aren't a proper bank, no matter how much they protest otherwise and have a limited branch network.

Pezboy said:
Only downside to First Direct is not everyone can hit the £1000 credited to account per month :)

I transfer around £750 a month in from my HSBC staff account, no problems at all - even though it isn't my salary that's mandated.

Soldato
FIRST DIRECT.

All you need really, brilliant service.

Pezboy said:

I'm happy with my Barclays staff account, other than the fact that copy statements from Barclays dont come on headed sheets, but instead spreadsheet style printouts :(

You don't need £1000 going in every month to get a regular current account...

Associate
Windle said:
Royal Bank of Scotland (Scotland's #1) is easily the best bank i've used, great customer service and if you switch to them now and you live in scotland they give you £100 :)

I saw an advert for that on TV the other day...what's the catch with it? I looked on their website just now, couldn't even see it mentioned, so I'll have to ask you instead. :p

Associate
Windle said:
Darn it, couldn't they have offered that when I joined them :p

Back
Top Bottom