help or suggestion

pl.

pl.

Associate
ello, this my first post so i hope i posted it in the right place :D

i started to load up most of my games on my new pc

well some games seems to freeze then work freeze then work etc and some doesnt.
cod2 works great bt hl2 or c&c zerohour doesnt work fine (some others) :confused:

so if u got any idea plz post away,thx

Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe / amd athlon x2 / x1900 xtx / GeIL 2gb / hiper type r 580w

Associate
Welcome to the forums :D

Have u tried updating gfx card drivers? or using the ones that came with the cd? possibly installing the dual core patch for some of these games (if available) might help. Check the monitor connections, check all the cables in the mobo, etc.....

these are all just suggestions, wait for others to post as well :D

pl.

pl.

Associate
OP
kk thx for the reply.

all of my drivers etc r u updated bt it kind of the old games which do bt dnt work :confused: so it might be that..

Associate
ah ha! just thought try setting the affinity to just one core instead of the game trying to run on both, its a method of getting non compliant games to run with the dual core

CRTL,ALT & DEL - Processes tab, pick your game process, right click it - set affinity and tick only one cpu box (this only affects that game, and only that time that its run, so you will need to do it each time you play)

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
luminous said:
Out of interest,how much of a performance hit is running just one core?

Well its difficult for me to tell really, but i'd say little to none. Once i set all my apps and windows processes to core 0 and then have just a game running on core 1 then it has a whole 2.4Ghz unshared (2.4 being my current OC). Although i hardly ever have had to do this.

pl.

pl.

Associate
OP
Foehammer2003 said:
nope the AMD patch: http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html the one titled AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor Driver for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Version (exe) 1.3.1 if your using win XP or server 2003. It simply upsates windows to run some stuff that gets confused with dual cores i think.

Oh and welcome to the forums :D

thx it needed to get upgraded bt that wasnt the case why i'm lagging/freezing in some games,
long story bt its down to my onboard sound it aint gd enough :( i disable it and it was working great :D my a new sound card would do it hopefully

any1 else have/had the same problem?? and what did you do ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom