Veyron vs Elise

Soldato
The Veyron is staggeringly quick on the straights, but the Elise does a good job at making ground back in the corners. A track with lots of long straights would see the Veyron really come into its own.

Associate
Christ all mighty!
Once she's blowing the Veyron is awesome!

Shame though, as we won't ever see one being properly driven in anger, just piddly straight-line poke's :(
Unless the very bonker's Arab's find themselves a race-track... hmm... :)

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Id love to see a McLaren F1 vs a Veyron around the track. The F1 is basically is a track car at heart (dont they race them in the states?). So she should handle fairly well and have enough speed to at least keep pace on the straights

Associate
Ref: Macca F1 vs Veyron
When the Bug was launched, this was talked about quite a bit & while it was agreed it was all 'theory-work', a shorter-technical track would favour the Macca, a faster-sweeping circuit the Veyron.

That said & done, I'd bet a leg that the Mclaren F1 would wipe the floor against a Veyron on UK roads, especially if traffic was present.

Permabanned
Oh jeez come on, all you 'OMFGELISEPWNSALL' owners, get real! The Elise would never touch any Veyron in a million billion years! The Veyron is being completely passive in his driving and tbh I really dont blame him. A car costing that much round a track, I wouldnt take it out of 2nd gear!

cymatty said:
:eek: :eek:

On the straights it makes the elise look pedestrian.

Driven properly in the corners it would make the Elise look like a Pedestrian walking backwards!

All this talk of Elise 'having him in the twisties' makes me laugh ;)

Last edited:

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Oracle said:
Oh jeez come on, all you 'OMFGELISEPWNSALL' owners, get real! The Elise would never touch any Veyron in a million billion years! The Veyron is being completely passive in his driving and tbh I really dont blame him. A car costing that much round a track, I wouldnt take it out of 2nd gear!

Driven properly in the corners it would make the Elise look like a Pedestrian walking backwards!

Im sorry, have you driven a Veyron around a track?

Associate
Bahaha!!! Nice one Oracle! Although I am glad your laughing, because I doubt anyone seriously believes an Elise would 'have' a Veyron.

HOWEVER...

Just as you said, a Veyron that costs that much wouldn't get 'cained' around a track by its owner, so lets be honest, an Elise could very likely 'have it' & 'keep with it' just as we've seen.

"You can talk the talk, but you can't always walk the walk" etc

Permabanned
have you!? It would pwn the Elise all day every day. It has better traction being 4wd (although admittedly, not always better than RWD in the dry), it has launch control to cut any form of wheel spin, and carries 125bhp/litre.

That Veyron is being driven incredibly sedately!

Soldato
Oracle said:

Yea, he isnt actually pushing it is he? He isn't on the racing line at all. The elise is actually trying to keep up, and TBH, unless the track was very twisty, Veyron > Elise.

Conc

Soldato
Oracle said:
Oh jeez come on, all you 'OMFGELISEPWNSALL' owners, get real!

Sorry, it seems that you obviously took my comment seriously.

I mistakenly thought that everyone would understand my sarcasm when i compared a 120-189BHP Elise to a 1001BHP Veyron, looks like I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom