Anyone had dnsbl experiences with Sorbs?

Soldato
Just curious, has anyone had experiences of being blacklisted by Sorbs in here?
Our isp is taking responsibility for sorting it but they tell me it's an ongoing and consistent problem for Sorbs to assign subnets without fully testing them and publishing them as dynamic ip's, and their removal process is pretty much a 'mare from what I'm being told.
Has anyone got opinions on sorbs, good or bad? Anybody use their dnsbl to reject mail and do you consider it to be accurate/reliable?

Associate
JayMax said:
Just curious, has anyone had experiences of being blacklisted by Sorbs in here?
Our isp is taking responsibility for sorting it but they tell me it's an ongoing and consistent problem for Sorbs to assign subnets without fully testing them and publishing them as dynamic ip's, and their removal process is pretty much a 'mare from what I'm being told.
Has anyone got opinions on sorbs, good or bad? Anybody use their dnsbl to reject mail and do you consider it to be accurate/reliable?

IIRC Sorbs will only accept removal requests from the admin contact for the IP block, which should be your ISP.
If they have incorrectly tagged a block they will remove it, but they never seem to be in a rush to do it.

Having reverse DNS set up for your IP range can help with keeping it out of the sorbs dynamic address database. And at a minimum should be done for the public IP address that email originates from on your site, as more and more admins set their mail servers to reject mail from IP's with no reverse records.
I've even seen a couple, specifically set-up to reject all mail from any dynamic IP address, which can be a pain if your trying to run a mail server on a dynamic connection.

On a side note, if they think sorbs are bad they can't have had many dealings with trying to get AOL to un-blacklist IP addresses, now that is a nightmare :(

Back
Top Bottom