watercooling setup pic

Soldato
As for advice,buy the best CPU block and pump you can afford,make sure you have leak tested it for a few hours before installing and be prepared for hassle.Other than that you will be fine.

Soldato
it looks liek one of those gigabyte pumps :EEK:
if you could put the pump at the bottom that rig would be almost text book

no need for the 2 Rads TBH, specialy if thats one of those gigabyte pumps.

Soldato
No need for the single rad, flip the dual rad 180 to ease filling / bleeding and reduce tubing length.
Positioning the pump / res on the bottom left would reduce tubing length even further and make filling easier.

Any reason for not having a GPU block in as well?

Associate
OP
i thought u are meant to have the pump-cpu

to give u maximum pressure going into the cpu block which gives best cooling, i dont think it will make a difference but a lot of people say it does

Soldato
Soldato
turbotoaster said:
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5825/firstgoatwatercooling33wr.jpg

better??

ignore the use of pump and res together now, just using them for reference
Much better, though still consider flipping the rad by 180 to avoid the air trap at the top, unless you are using a Thermochill rad and have easy access to the bleed valve (opposite end and face from the barbs). Will also ease the bend of the connection in to the res.

Associate
turbotoaster said:
i thought u are meant to have the pump-cpu

to give u maximum pressure going into the cpu block which gives best cooling, i dont think it will make a difference but a lot of people say it does

I'd say its better to have Pump>Rad>CPU, then you are sure the coolest water is getting to your block :)

Associate
no, you are unlikely to see any difference in such a small setup, but all Im saying is SURELY its better to be sure your blocks are getting the coolest water possible - and that is from the rad.

Soldato
gr1mey said:
no, you are unlikely to see any difference in such a small setup, but all Im saying is SURELY its better to be sure your blocks are getting the coolest water possible - and that is from the rad.
The difference is only the heat dump from the pump - max of approx 0.5 degrees, better to keep the tubing as short as possible.

Associate
DaveMac said:
The difference is only the heat dump from the pump - max of approx 0.5 degrees, better to keep the tubing as short as possible.

Depends on what pump he got. If it's a 50w monster it would have a greater impact :D

Back
Top Bottom