How much to move a non road legal car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
penski said:

Get shot of the interior. All of it.

I agree. get on Volvoclub.org.uk

theres a few looking for a leather tan interior like that. Ive had offers for the interior alone of £250 but obviously i dont want to sell.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
penski said:
Balls to portable lawns and record players.

Get shot of the interior. All of it. Sell it on eBay.
Get a cage and two seats in there. Harnasses too.
Put some partworns/remoulds on the back.
Go sideways.

*n

Kind of the same idea i had :D

Man of Honour
Barry Smalley said:
It's all a bit of a crack really. I used to do the same thing - just buy an old car and learn something about how it all worked.
It can be a lot of fun, and is far better than just sitting there quoting text from reviews in magazines. ;)

That would be true if that was their intention but it seems their intention is not to learn how it works etc, but to do random 'funny' stuff like grow grass on it and fit a record player instead of a tape player.

Which won't really teach them a thing.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox said:
That would be true if that was their intention but it seems their intention is not to learn how it works etc, but to do random 'funny' stuff like grow grass on it and fit a record player instead of a tape player.

Which won't really teach them a thing.

we are going to mess about with it mechanically and cosmetically

i know you cant see the point but we didnt expect you to really ;)

we're both 18 with no NCB or anything, and its IG12, thats why its £2k

if we can get an offer of £250 or so for the interior we'd consider it. £150 easy profit so why not?

Soldato
Well a guy on VOC who saw my interior on my car, emailed me saying he had £400 to spend on a tan leather interior if he could persuade me into breaking my car. I politely declined his offer partly because i didnt want to post an interior to ireland, and partly because my 740 estate is in such good nick, it would be criminal to break it up.

the interior is easily worth £250 judging by the response ive had to emails about my interior.

Still cant understand why your insurance is so high though.

Soldato
OP
James_N said:
Well a guy on VOC who saw my interior on my car, emailed me saying he had £400 to spend on a tan leather interior if he could persuade me into breaking my car. I politely declined his offer partly because i didnt want to post an interior to ireland, and partly because my 740 estate is in such good nick, it would be criminal to break it up.

the interior is easily worth £250 judging by the response ive had to emails about my interior.

Still cant understand why your insurance is so high though.

the interior and electrics on ours are perfect, just we need to get rid of it and if we can get what we paid plus whatever it costs to get it scrapped thats fine by us and we think its worth more as parts especially cos of the leather and electrics all being fine

insurance for 2 18 year olds with 0 NCB and IG12 :p aint cheap

Associate
05_12_sb.JPG

Is that a silver Rover 800 in the reflection ?

Associate
Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans...

If the car is drivable, you can drive it LEGALLY to and from an MOT test.

So, as I've already said twice in the thread, book an MOT test near your home, drive it home, call up and cancel the MOT test.

:rolleyes:

*n

I'm fairly sure that without insurance whether the MOT bit would be considered acceptable is irrelevant. If the vehicle isn't insured they can and will prosecute. Remember insurance isn't about your car, its required for the possibility of crashing into a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom