• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x800 GTO2 died - what will i get back if I RMA?

Permabanned
Hi guys,

My x800 GTO2 seems to have died. Reallly strange. Just booted up as machine I just changed some components around and my DFI diagnostic LED for VGA is coming on and I get no screen output at all. Im 99% sure its borked as narrowed it down to the card with other components.

If I RMA this card will I get £150 worth of money to spend on a different card given that this no longer exists? If not, should I demand I get this, as it cost this brand new and was limited edition and hence a replacement x800 would not quite be the same as this overclockable beast when it came out?
Or will something else happen? Its only about 6 months old I believe and I overclocked it at the start to see what it would do but since then been running "stock", although I did unlock it to 16 pipes successfully first time. Does this invalidate the ability to RMA? Will they even be able to tell this given that it wont give any video output?

Thanks for any help

Ta

Permabanned
From what i've heard, Flashing the bios to unlock the other pipes voids the warrenty but it's still worth a try RMA'ing the card.

If all goes well, They'll probably send you back a GTO16 which is a gto with 12 pipes already unlocked but comes with r430 core so isnt as good clocker as r423 or r480:(

Hope that helps:)

Permabanned
OP
OV3RCLOCK3R said:
From what i've heard, Flashing the bios to unlock the other pipes voids the warrenty but it's still worth a try RMA'ing the card.

If all goes well, They'll probably send you back a GTO16 which is a gto with 12 pipes already unlocked but comes with r430 core so isnt as good clocker as r423 or r480:(

Hope that helps:)

Ok ta for that. In which case could I argue my above point and say that I bought the card with the intention to benefit from the Overclock for the money and hence want a deal similar right now? Or is that pushing it!? lol

Permabanned
sniper007 said:
Ok ta for that. In which case could I argue my above point and say that I bought the card with the intention to benefit from the Overclock for the money and hence want a deal similar right now? Or is that pushing it!? lol

Well, You could try doing that but when the product was available on Ocuk itself, They mentioned it on the front page that overclocking and flashing will void the warrenty:(

I would say just pack the card up, Send it for RMA and if you get lucky, you'll get something back:)

Soldato
The gto16 and 850xt are not equilvalent spec cards or price points, its just as likely that u get a nvidia 7600gt back in exchange, i.e. totally not the same card.

Soldato
Definatly dont say you want another to flash and unlock to 16 pipe lines, The RMA people for Sapphire in this country were good to me as I RMA 'ed my Sapphire X800 Pro which I bought from Hong Kong as an OEM therefore it had no warranty and I was charged £20 for a RMA service and got another card within a few days.

Good luck mate.

Back
Top Bottom