• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is 46c ok for a athlon XP 1700+ cpu?

Soldato
I totally gutted my nextdoors pc you should have seen the dust, It was so dusty the psu fan wasnt working, so had to change that fan. I noticed that the idel temp was 52c, so I put in a case fan, and that got the temp down to 46-47c idel. Is that temp ok for that cpu, cos my ifx55 idel temp ranges from 34c to 40c depending how warm my room is??

Mul

Mul

Associate
speedy2004 said:
I totally gutted my nextdoors pc you should have seen the dust, It was so dusty the psu fan wasnt working, so had to change that fan. I noticed that the idel temp was 52c, so I put in a case fan, and that got the temp down to 46-47c idel. Is that temp ok for that cpu, cos my ifx55 idel temp ranges from 34c to 40c depending how warm my room is??

Normal. My XP 2200 is 58*c right now.

Mul

Soldato
OP
I said £70 for cleaning all his pc and letting him back up his stuff on my pc while I reinstall windows and stuff... Why do I feel bad for chaging him for that amout? should I feel bad?? :confused:

Associate
lol, well... do they party late at night? put their rubbish out side YOUR house before its collected? sing loudly in the garden during the summer? If the answer to any of these are yes then feel guilt no more!

Just kidding mate, i charge peeps at work £10-15 just to put in some ram lol, this is only cos i gotta walk to their place though, and buy the RAM, and same goes for graphics.

Soldato
OP
Foehammer2003 said:
lol, well... do they party late at night? put their rubbish out side YOUR house before its collected? sing loudly in the garden during the summer? If the answer to any of these are yes then feel guilt no more!

Just kidding mate, i charge peeps at work £10-15 just to put in some ram lol, this is only cos i gotta walk to their place though, and buy the RAM, and same goes for graphics.

They pay for the stuff tho?? He's ordered over £100 for stuff for his pc and payed for it, and I got the stuff working.

Associate
oh yeah charge on top of costs...

It sounded like you installed a new fan, cleaned some dust and backed up his HD for the £70... so your also installing parts aswell, soz mate i was only playing before, you charge what you want, and tbh my local independant charges £50 just for a reinstall of windows if your windows install gets fubar'd :eek:

So £70 for all that work doesn't seem so much anymore does it?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It does to me cos I never think Im good enough to earn that sort of money. cos i have cerebral palsy, and ppl treat me like a kid and stuff but im 26 :rolleyes:

Associate
speedy2004 said:
It does to me cos I never think Im good enough to earn that sort of money. cos i have cerebral palsy, and ppl treat me like a kid and stuff but im 26 :rolleyes:

Well that must truly suck! (being treated like a kid that is)

Being totally frank, people will pay larger sums of money towards things they dont know about. Your neighbours are paying for your knowledge and confidence to fix there system, and you cant very easily put a price on that. You are actually charging a lot less than most people charge for that service (from what i've seen people charged anyway)

So sleep easy mate, i wouldn't blink at charging that tbh, think plumbers... how much do they charge!?! and they twist bits of pipe effectively. We all need money and seeing as you know enough about PC's to fix em for people, then dont worry :D

Last edited:
Associate
For a couple of hours work thats reasonable, if you felt bad you could offer to check up on it later for free or something. The main thing is you did the job right

Back
Top Bottom