Jose`s last season with Chelsea?

Soldato
Opnions?

If he doesn`t win the European cup this year then he`ll be moved on for sure. With a squad such as he has collected then he must be doing something wrong if he fails again.

Who`ll be the next manager? Scolari?

Man of Honour
When does his contract expire? I thought he'd just signed an extension last year?

The Euro cup is a knockout competition. Anything can happen. It needs an extraordinary amount of luck to win it (look at manyoo and Liverpool).

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
When does his contract expire? I thought he'd just signed an extension last year?

The Euro cup is a knockout competition. Anything can happen. It needs an extraordinary amount of luck to win it (look at manyoo and Liverpool).

It does, but it is still a test of his capability to deliver. The guy who signs the cheques knows that he can buy success, and he must be starting to wonder why his team cant win the big prize.

Judging from the way Chelsea finished the season, I`ve a feeling that there is enough discontent at the club that Jose will "walk", or simply be pushed out if he fails to win the European cup next year.

He can always parachute into the Portugal job with Felipe coming the other way...

Man of Honour
Tony Soprano said:
I know, even Leeds got to a CL Semi Final. :eek:

:p
Aye, if only we'd been lucky :(

sedm1000 said:
It does, but it is still a test of his capability to deliver.
Not really, as I said, anything can happen in a cup competition. The best sides in the world are in the Euro Cup.

They need a good performance but I hardly think you can judge a manager on winning it. The most successful manager in English football, ever, has only one it once and he poxed it...

Soldato
OP
Tony Soprano said:
I know, even Leeds got to a CL Semi Final. :eek:

:p

Indeed. Liverpool and Arsenal have both had a shot at it with inferior sides. Luck maybe, but roman will be asking why he hasn`t been to the final at least.

The longterm plan is to turn Chelsea into a Real Madrid. He needs to sart winning the big prizes.

Soldato
i think if chelsea win the premiership again and the champions league...

which seems really possible :(

he will leave. but if he doesnt leave next year, he will for sure be gone the year after...

Man of Honour
Stretch said:
I know, some teams have all the "luck". Coincidence? :p
Problem is, they don't. AC Milan and Chelsea were on paper the strongest teams in the competition. Neither reached the final. The holders didn't either...

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Aye, if only we'd been lucky :(

Not really, as I said, anything can happen in a cup competition. The best sides in the world are in the Euro Cup.

They need a good performance but I hardly think you can judge a manager on winning it. The most successful manager in English football, ever, has only one it once and he poxed it...

He won it three times. Deservedly.

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Problem is, they don't. AC Milan and Chelsea were on paper the strongest teams in the competition. Neither reached the final. The holders didn't either...

Paper strength doesn`t equate to performance though - nor the manager`s ability outside of the transfer market.

Man of Honour
sedm1000 said:
He won it three times. Deservedly.
Yawn. You know who I meant, and that I meant domestically.

sedm1000 said:
Paper strength doesn`t equate to performance though
Nope. Absolutely right. Which is why all the money in the world can't guarantee you winning the most prestigious club cup competition. I'm glad we agree :)

Associate
Turbanation said:
No chance hes leaving. Chelsea are at peak now.

I cant get a better team on Football Manager!

True their signings are really peeing me off now I hope they all get their legs broken first game...lol

It looks like they will be unstopable next season and maybe even Arsenals record of no losses in the League may not stand for very long.

Its all down to Roman and I can not wait until he gets bored and goes elswhere to spend his cash and leaves Chelsea in millions of debt where they declare bankrupt.

Yes it is sour grapes, yes I would love to have Roman at Liverpool and yes I pray that Sheva is a flop in the Prem.

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Yawn. You know who I meant, and that I meant domestically.

Nope. Absolutely right. Which is why all the money in the world can't guarantee you winning the most prestigious club cup competition. I'm glad we agree :)

You were talking about it in reference to Europe though - tad confusing. Even the guy you are talking about doesn`t rate himself in the same league as Paisley.

Given the best side on paper it must take something to go wrong for them not to win - having brought in so many different players, the one common factor in the failure is Jose.

Soldato
aumz said:
True their signings are really peeing me off now I hope they all get their legs broken first game...lol

It looks like they will be unstopable next season and maybe even Arsenals record of no losses in the League may not stand for very long.

Its all down to Roman and I can not wait until he gets bored and goes elswhere to spend his cash and leaves Chelsea in millions of debt where they declare bankrupt.

Yes it is sour grapes, yes I would love to have Roman at Liverpool and yes I pray that Sheva is a flop in the Prem.

true true true :)

except the bit about sheva being a flop in the premiership.... he is going to own

Man of Honour
sedm1000 said:
You were talking about it in reference to Europe though - tad confusing. Even the guy you are talking about doesn`t rate himself in the same league as Paisley.
I was, but we're talking about the modern game and a different cup competition. As well as the fact that I was pointing out domestic dominance doesn't equal European glory.
sedm1000 said:
Given the best side on paper it must take something to go wrong for them not to win - having brought in so many different players, the one common factor in the failure is Jose.
Except he's already won it...

Soldato
OP
aumz said:

Chelsea is Roman`s stay out of jail card. They`ll be ok so long as he keeps a low profile in Russia, and a high profile in Europe. Which seems to be his plan for the next 5 to 10.

Back
Top Bottom