Guitarists - Angled Cab question

Associate
Recently built a 5w valve amp head and am in the process of constructing a cab for it. Quite fancy a 2*12 angled cab but what i was wondering was if any of you serious musicians have an angled cab and if so does the angle just refer to the cab itself or are the speakers within placed at an angle as well?

Man of Honour
Makavelli said:
Recently built a 5w valve amp head and am in the process of constructing a cab for it. Quite fancy a 2*12 angled cab but what i was wondering was if any of you serious musicians have an angled cab and if so does the angle just refer to the cab itself or are the speakers within placed at an angle as well?
I have an angled 4x12 Marshall Mode Four cab, and for the life of me I can't remember if the top two are angled or not.. I would assume not, but will check later. As a point:
Half Stack Options

Whether you choose an angled or base half stack configuration is a personal choice between the different tonal qualities of each set up.

The MF400A (angled) is, in keeping with other angled 4x12" cabinets, tonally more aggressive than the base option. The angled cabinet is the usual choice for those who want a more prominent upper mid and treble response that really cuts through in a live situation.

Alternatively, the MF400B (base) delivers a more even mid range with less spread of the aggressive treble response. Marshall 4x12" base cabinets are more often used by professionals as they have a more focused bottom end and a smoother mid range and treble response. They are often easier to deal with in terms of sound reinforcement and monitoring in a live situation.
Whether that's purely down to the cab style I don't know..

Back
Top Bottom