RIP 360?

Caporegime
Hey folks, got my Xbox 360 on release play it reguarly and it never moves and gets treated well.

just turned it on and the usual logos came up on the screen, then it loaded Fight Night Round 3 and then suddenly the music stops and screen freezes. odd i think

so i turn it off then on then 3 pieces of the ring of light are flashing red and ive got a flickering display

tried changing disks and same result, ive tried 2 different VGA cables, the HD scart cable and the standard scart and still similar symptoms?

what am i to do? i got it from amazon :(

thanks folks

/sniff

Soldato
Hold down the wireless connect button on the front of the console, and power it on.

Worked for me, the one and only time I had 3 rings, so it's worth a punt. :)

Permabanned
MS will deal with you direct and you'll not need a receipt.
The place you bought it from are obliged to sort it for you, I'd give them a ring and ask them to send you a new one, they're pretty good for things like that.

Soldato
Just go with whoever will get a new one back to you quicker! My experience with MS was good, the whole process took a week and was completely painless.

Associate
If its quick you want, don't deal with amazon.. it takes forever to deal with their dodgy web based support and automated emails.

Caporegime
McDaniel said:
Unlucky dude :(

mines been moved from home to uni quite a few times, still going strong

*touches everyone around him*

Fixed McDoogle :p:D

Shame about that Phate, ive ever once had the 3 lights and that happened on Madden where it chucked the disc out saying its unreadable. i just turned it on and off from the plug and that seemed to sort it out...since then its been running perfectly fine:).

Hope ya get it sorted out asap.

Soldato
sup3rc0w said:
The reason I still dont have a X360 :( :rolleyes:
Does no one work in quality control at Msoft?

Just get one, if it happens to go wrong (chances are it wont) then its easy enough to get a replacement.

Caporegime
sup3rc0w said:
The reason I still dont have a X360 :( :rolleyes:
Does no one work in quality control at Msoft?

Wow i guess thats a good enough reason for not buying one...hell i dont think i should buy anything electronic for that matter...i mean what am i going to do when it breaks down???:(.

Seriously though ive had mine since dec..one of the first batches and it hasnt given me any sort of problem. Like its been said a million times before, your covered under the sale of goods act should anything go wrong with the xbox...so with that in mind just get one...even the poll on here has shown without a doubt that most 360's are reliable generally...yes a few people have had 2-3 units now but then i guess they just cursed with bad luck:p.

Soldato
David _b said:
Was just wondering if i got a second hand one if it would effect warrenty etc. :)

Shouldn't matter if you send it back to microsoft.

The only thing they ask you for is date of purchase and the consoles serial number.

(I think thats all they asked me when I had a core unit sent back)

Back
Top Bottom