What do you guys think to this spec?

Permabanned
Planning on building the following spec...
Its not going to be used for games really hence the gfx. Mainly for office/downloads/bit of video encoding etc.

Intel Pentium 4 805 Dual Core "LGA775 Smithfield" 2.66GHz (533FSB) - Retail
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 775)
1GB (2X512MB) Corsair TwinX XMS2, DDR2 PC5400
Abit AW8 i955X, S775, PCI-E
NEC ND-4570A-GNB Black 16x16 DVD±RW/RAM

Total: £306.64 inc delivery.

I already have the following stuff to use in it:
Gigebyte 6600 (non GT) PCI-E
2 x 160gb HDD's
Lian Li PC60 case
FSP Epsilon 600w PSU.

What do you think? Anything i could change to make it better. I have looked at 2gb ram but would rather not spend any more than the above spec. Only really would if it would make a big difference.

Thanks

Man of Honour
From what I know of Intel that is all compatible and should be easily sufficient for the proposed uses. Other than going for 2gb I don't see anything obvious to change.

//edit I'd assume the difference is from having a better chipset although I don't actually know anything about the motherboard.

Soldato
Mr Mister said:
Does anyone know the difference between the Abit AW8 and the Abit AW8 MAX?

abit

the aw8 max

In their relentless pursuit of perfection, ABIT Engineers have created their ultimate MAX motherboard to date. Today ABIT is pleased to announce the AW8-MAX, the latest addition to its revolutionary MAX Series, and the first to feature Silent OTES™ cooling technology. Designed, built, and tested to the highest possible standards, this board is a must have product for users who simply demand the best.

so better cooling system me thinks =S

Permabanned
OP
charltonfan1 said:
The PSU is a bit OTT for that system. You could sell it and buy another one then put the extra money towards more ram?
Yes i realise that but i bought it second hand so it was a good deal. I got it for the price i would have paid for a 500w or so new. Anyway at least it can provide the juice to the PD. Its obligatory to clock the nuts off this chip. :D

Back
Top Bottom