The World Cup spoiler thread

Soldato
JohnnyG said:
There's all the non-England games too don't forget:)
Exactly what I mean.
The England game the other night has reached 11 pages spanning 3 days and that was only a friendly!

It would mean other interesting games would remain clutter free without anyone just posting a sad smilie , a load of *******'s , someone who watches football once every 4 years asking if Joe and Ashley Cole are brothers or something equally tedious.

Man of Honour
OP
kaiowas said:
Thanks & sorted:)
Vandle said:
Exactly what I mean.
The England game the other night has reached 11 pages spanning 3 days and that was only a friendly!
It would mean other interesting games would remain clutter free without anyone just posting a sad smilie , a load of *******'s , someone who watches football once every 4 years asking if Joe and Ashley Cole are brothers or something equally tedious.
That might be a better way of doing it, could just have spoilers for each England game, then a separate one for all the other games. Some goon is going to cross post though that way & could upset someone avoiding results :dunno:

Man of Honour
OP
Both those sound good to me too:) although I'd be surprised if we could get the sub forum thing approved...

1 for each group
1 for the 2nd round
1 for each round afterwards

Unless we don't make to the 2nd round then sod it anways;)

Soldato
A sub forum would be awesome, as I'm sure a lot of members will be watching every game pretty much. Also then you could have other World Cup threads to talk about other incidents - should we introduce another linesman, goal line sensors, injuries, mascot discussion etc ;)

Soldato
I thought what we did in Euro04 worked out pretty well? I think group stages thread for England to keep all the louts :p then a separate one for other groups might work.

After that and if England get through a dedicated one for each knockout stage...

Soldato
We were thinking along Johnny's lines and won't go with a sub forum, so the first threads will be created before the competition kicks off.

Anyone with any better ideas, feel free to post away.

Back
Top Bottom