Surname Pronunciation

Suspended
I'm just about to call this company about a job they're advertising in my local paper. The person I need to speak to is named Paul Chou, and I'm a bit confused as to how this should be pronounced.

The only way I can imagine it being pronounced is Chow but this is coming straight from the back of my local Chinese take-aways menu ad the last thing I want to do is insult the guy :p

So, any suggestions?

Caporegime
just start of

"Hi there i've got an interview with is it Paul...chow?"

and they will soon correct it, he probably gets it a lot.

order me an egg fried rice whilst your at it

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Phate said:
order me an egg fried rice whilst your at it

and the prize for funniest throwaway comment on the forums today goes to.........Phate.

you should post in GD more.

Permabanned
Tru said:
Say it whatever way you think is right, if they don't understand say it again but much louder.

If they still don't understand, he should march over there and smash the place up and scrawl his name on the walls. Secure in the knowledge that he tried his best.

Or

employ a bit of common sense and just ask to speak to Paul and that you are unsure about how to pronounce his surname.

He won't be insulted if you have to ask how to say his name, he'll probably be pleased that someone has asked beforehand to make sure they say it correctly. Guessing his surname will probably offend him if anything.

Back
Top Bottom