Best memory for my system???

Soldato
I want to upgrade from my 2 sticks of 512mb (3200) memory to 2 sticks of 1gb memory - my question is, with my mobo and processor (see sig) is 3200 memory the fastest I can get or is there some faster??

Also, can anyone recommend a brand?? I've had Geil Value before and its always been OK - decent performance for not too expensive price!!

Cheers

StevieP

Associate
PC3200 is fine, you only need PC4000 or faster if you want to overclock 1:1. But you can still overclock using a divider without taking a performance hit.

Mushkin 2GB DDR EM3200 Enhanced Performance Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB) CAS3 (991461) (MY-006-MK) £129.19 inc VAT

Is probably the best value for money at the moment, cheaper than Geil Value RAM and has better timings.

Soldato
OP
I'm not looking to overclock to be honest (I'd probably burn my house down in the process if I did!! ;) )

That memory is CAS 3?? I thought the lower the number the better???

StevieP

Associate
StevieP said:
I'm not looking to overclock to be honest (I'd probably burn my house down in the process if I did!! ;) )

That memory is CAS 3?? I thought the lower the number the better???

StevieP

I assumed you work looking for a "value for money" kit when you mentioned Geil Value.

Lower timings are better, and if you can afford it, go for the OCZ Platinum PC3200 which have timings of 2-3-2-5.

Back
Top Bottom