Monitor cleaning question

Sic

Sic

Soldato
my laptop has smudges on it from where i've licked my finger to wipe things off it. turns out i shouldn't have done that

Man of Honour
from the sticky ;)

Q. What's the best way to clean a TFT screen?

A. The simplest and cheapest way to clean a TFT screen is with a slightly damp cloth, wipe off the left behind water with a towel or similar then smooth/dry completely with a yellow polishing/dusting cloth. Be careful not to use products such as toilet paper and kitchen roll as they contain lint and can leave scratches on your beloved screen! Cleaning solution from opticians and lint free clothes for lens cleaning are also very good.
For the perfectionist, there is "Lindy" brand TFT cleaner. It costs about £4 for a pump-dispenser. You can pick it up at office supply stores and computer fairs.

Also XTREMEPENGUIN added this in one thread: "I bought some TFT cleaner online. The stuff is called "Klear Screen 2oz LCD Screen Cleaner Starter Kit." You polish the screen with it and it comes out just like it was new. The finish feels really smooth like ice and it helps prevent dust settling on it again. You get about 3000 uses in the spray bottle and some good lint free cloths to use. I highly recommend it!"

Associate
i picked up som ixos anti static screen cleaning gel spray and anti static wipes for under a fiver at a well known computer shop! :)

Associate
Boots glasses cleaning cloth, lint free & very soft with a few drops of water to make it damp. no chemicals here and works a treat @ £1.50 ;)

Back
Top Bottom