best P2P?

Associate
OP
To caged

lol there are legitimate reasons for using p2p y'know, underground mix's being one that i mainly use for, unsigned bands and copyright free music (it does exist y'know).... loads of LEGAL file share oppourtunities, also great for sample sounds... which is another use for me. A good mate and i often use samples i get on his keyboards and other equipment, but found the Shareaza app kinda dried up on results recently, hence the thread.

Codecs and games DEMOS (yes legal ones hosted by the client) as they are faster to download than from a lot of sites who charge a sub to have a fast download speed. I know that p2p has a reputation synominous to illegal activities, but is not always the case

Last edited:
Caporegime
Foehammer2003 said:
To caged

lol there are legitimate reasons for using p2p y'know, underground mix's being one that i mainly use for, unsigned bands and copyright free music (it does exist y'know).... loads of LEGAL file share oppourtunities, also great for sample sounds... which is another use for me. A good mate and i often use samples i get on his keyboards and other equipment, but found the Shareaza app kinda dried up on results recently, hence the thread.

Codecs and games DEMOS (yes legal ones hosted by the client) as they are faster to download than from a lot of sites who charge a sub to have a fast download speed. I know that p2p has a reputation synominous to illegal activities, but is not always the case
Sorry about that, I no longer have any doubt that you want to get your public domain files off of P2P.

Permabanned
Personally I use uTorrent, it's simplicity incarnate. Only 150K and a very small memeory footprint when runing. Ok so it doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but seen as I'm only a 'every now and then' P2P user it suits me just fine.

I also use a record store (online of course), but for getting legal torrents such as OpenOffice I use uTorrent!

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
Welcome to the OcUK forums, Mr. Bean. You'll need to cut your sig down to 4 lines of regular sized text at maximum. ;)

Lest a don come acorss it and wield his mighty banhammer....
Well said sir!

These n00bs eh?

+44

Permabanned
I use eMule, with little problems. I particulary adore the fact that I can be on the bus, think of a song and have it downloaded by the time I get home - courtesy of MobileMule. :cool:

Having said that, I'm constantly open to better applications.

Back
Top Bottom