What is the best defragmentor?

Permabanned
What do you all use? Is there a super duper one you can pay for. I am getting my Samsung Q1 UMPC today and I want to keep it defragged.

Cheers

ray

ray

Associate
I'm already using Diskeeper 7. Would there be any point in upgrading to version 10?

Thanks.

Permabanned
There are additional configuration options that allow for rearranging applications for faster operation, amonst others.

It well worth using something other than the standard windows one, especially on larger drives

Soldato
Steve_h said:
Sort of stopped me and made me wonder.Any thoughts ?
Yeah I've heard some horror stories related to diskeeper. I used it for a bit a while back then changed to perfectdisk. Found perfectdisk to be a lot better. Its not as quick, but has a lot of great features (smart placement for one). Also, diskeeper messed my mft zones up which was scary.

Associate
Steve_h said:
Slightly off topic but has anyone used System Mechanic 5? It has a defragger and I was interested in how good that one was.

Nope, but I have used System Mechanic 6. It decided to freak out while trying to do some disk optimising and windows wouldnt boot up. Not a re-assuring experience.

Back
Top Bottom