Ever wonder how sad your life is.....

Permabanned
Hey guys,
I've been thinking lately, and i've just thought, how boring is my life? Im in my teen years right now and every (twice) a week I'll go out side with my mates for a few hours. But when I'm at home all I ever do is stay on the computer or watch TV. I now feel like crap, because I now feel like theres nothing to do. So what do you guys do when your at home or in your free time? Because i find myself on the computer mostly.

Associate
Same, although however sad it might be i have "Friends" on the internet in my clan, we play and have a laugh in clan matches so its fun.

When im 18 il be out a lot more drinking but i get ID'd at the mo :(

Also i have learn't so much by being a computer geek iv spoke to people in loads of different countries, and it has 'broadened my horizons' so to speak.

Man of Honour
I have an awesome life (as in I enjoy it a lot). Life truely is what you make of it, no one else can make you have a good life.

Associate
going out is over-rated. stay in have fun with your computer lol :)

ill add to that list ElRazur

get a girlfriend

Permabanned
OP
Yes, I enjoy my life, but I sometimes feel how little things I do and how much I waste my life on the computer. The problem is, exams are coming up, so i can't really be going out much :(

Soldato
dave2k2005 said:
Yes, I enjoy my life, but I sometimes feel how little things I do and how much I waste my life on the computer. The problem is, exams are coming up, so i can't really be going out much :(

if you enjoy it then theres nothing "wrong" with it as far as it goes.

but you say you know you should get out more... friends? see what they're doing, organise something, join a club!

i know i waste my life away on my computer, but thats only when i'm at home. i had an offer of going out tonight, but i said i had uni revision to do, which is so true, but instead i'm on here :(

Soldato
I know where you are coming from, but when you use the word "sad" is that your opinion or is that just what you think others would use to describe you?

If you spend that long infront of a pc doing this and that (like me:D) then you obviously enjoy it to some degree, and if you do then thats fine, screw stereotypes.

But if you do genuinley want to be doing more exciting things, then find something to occupy yourself for a few evenings a week.

Soldato
Actually no, theres is probably nothing I regret about my teen years, I spent a lot of my time with friends, at they gym, at rugby. Used to play on the computer on a night time.

No sure really.

KaHn

Permabanned
OP
SidewinderINC said:
if you enjoy it then theres nothing "wrong" with it as far as it goes.

but you say you know you should get out more... friends? see what they're doing, organise something, join a club!

A club, lol. Well, since this week was half term for me, I've been going out pretty much every day :D But on school days, I just feel like I have no time. Ah well, I think the reason i'm feeling this right now is because:
1. I'm a teen, justr going through a mood swing.
2. I really like my friends cousins friend :p
So I think thats kinda making the problem. I feel like I should go out a lot more!

Soldato
This is the sort of thread that you will read about people living life to the max 24/7 which might make you feel desperate.

Truth is different people enjoy different things. I used to go out virtually everynight in my younger days doing a variety of things. I must admit at the time I never felt as enthusiastic or happy as my friends seemed. Only when I got married and had children did I realise I really didn't enjoy it. Sure we go out but because we want to not because we feel pressured too.

Try to go out a bit more just to meet people. But don't feel guilty about staying in doing something you enjoy.

Your not sad your an individual.

Associate
Just find something that interests you. There is nothing wrong with watching TV/playing PC, but like anyhting you will get bored if you do too much of anything. As said, joining a club, playing sport, meeting up with friends..etc more often can break the boredom.

Associate
Adz said:
When you get a job you'll value your free time a lot more...

I suppose that's true, but from my point of view my job is the only thing in my life at the moment. I go to work everyday then come home and slob about the house. The highlight of my weekend is going for my weekly food shopping. Couldn't tell you the last time I went out and did something other than go to work or the shops. I actually look forward to going to work, despite the fact its a pretty crappy job. :(

Considering getting a weekend job just for something to do. :o

Associate
Just remember theres a big yawning blank of the heart of life and your heading towards it no matter what you do, if it reaches you early or late it makes no odds. Life is pointless.

Hope that makes u feel better :D:D

Back
Top Bottom