Steam - Quick Response Needed please...

Caporegime
Steam is starting to annoy me - i paid money for a game that refuses to work when im offline. Want to play a LAN game (but cant have inet and LAN working at same time), i have updated CS:S to 100% but it wont load. Also when there is no connection when steam starts - it wont load in offline mode, i thought yuou only needed steam to activate account :mad:

Caporegime
OP
bledd. said:
why can't you have LAN and internet at the same time?

not enough cables, and remember once trying my router at same time i was on uni network and the net wouldnt work.

DaveyD said:
What is it you're doing and what is it Steam is telling you?

Basically, if i log on with no net - steam wont load - could not connect to steam network. Also to get into CS:S i have to be connected to net/uni network - open CS:S and then take out RJ45 out of socket and plug into router. Its just annoying i have to be connected to the net as its quite common for me to run out of my 500Mb daily limit and therefore have to unplugg my LAN cable.

Man of Honour
So there's no "Use Offline Mode" when the Steam popup comes up when it can not find your internet?

When you next disconnect from the internet, have a go at blocking Steam totally through your firewall. That may caox it into getting offline mode working.

Back
Top Bottom