I love rock n roll

Associate
Hey Guys,

Spawned from watching the xfactor me mum and my brother got into a 'debate' about who originally sang 'I love rock n Roll' i think its joan jett and the blackhearts, my mum thinks its suzzie quattro and my brother thinks its britney spears (being as he's only 11 he wont know any different :rolleyes: :D )

So who was it?

Cheers

Luke

Permabanned
This was originally recorded by British group The Arrows in 1975. They had some success in England and even had their own TV show there, but they made only one album before breaking up. This wasn't on that album, it was released as the B-side of a single and later put out as an A-side.
Jett was a member of an all teenage girl group called The Runaways when she discovered this song. The Runaways were touring England, and Joan saw The Arrows perform this on a TV show. When she asked permission to record it, The Arrows gladly let her, since it was just a B-side for them. She wanted to record it with The Runaways, but the other members didn't like the song and made the mistake of passing it up

You're both wrong.

*n

Back
Top Bottom